Would you rather watch Soccer or Baseball?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you rather watch Soccer or Baseball?

• Soccer!

• Baseball!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Soccer.

I find the strategy to be incredible, and less points means far more exciting goals. I do love watching baseball.

Basketball is the one sport I cannot watch. God I hate it with a passion. Run left, point, run right, point, run left point, run right 3pointer, run left again...

I would have been hard pressed to make a choice a couple of years ago. But lately I feel I understand the game of baseball more. I understand the pitching and the strategy.

It's still plenty boring, but I'd enjoy it more than soccer. I might be tempted to tune into a WC game once or twice this year, but I can't guarantee I'd watch for very long.

Baseball. Soccer is so boring.
Baseball is full of excitement, and there is rarely a break in the action.
It just keeps me on the edge of my seat, especially when the batter is getting ready to take a pitch.

Baseball. Soccer is so boring.
Baseball is full of excitement, and there is rarely a break in the action.
It just keeps me on the edge of my seat, especially when the batter is getting ready to take a pitch.

True that.

I'm especially interested in the pitching process. Is he going to adjust his cap? Is he going to spit? Is he going to play with his genitals?

The suspense is what makes it great.

I love watching baseball. I have tried on many occasions to watch and enjoy soccer but I just cannot watch it. But different strokes for different folks. I find it a bit obnoxious when someone makes blanket, absolute statements about whether this or that is better when it is purely a matter of personal preference.

I love watching baseball. I have tried on many occasions to watch and enjoy soccer but I just cannot watch it. But different strokes for different folks. I find it a bit obnoxious when someone makes blanket, absolute statements about whether this or that is better when it is purely a matter of personal preference.

But that is just the kind of thing that stimulates interesting and meaningful discussion!

To me, soccer is like basketball. I *could* watch a whole game, but I'd rather just see the highlights.

And odd how I can enjoy every minute of a hockey game and it's very similar to soccer (Except I think hockey is faster, and the chances of someone scoring at any given time is much better...)

Both are mind-numbingly boring to watch on television.

That said.... baseball.

However, I do really enjoy watching baseball if I'm actually at the game. The overpriced/$#!tty beer and hotdogs help enhance the experience, I think.

Man I really, really hate soccer. That said I'll watch a Reds game occasionally if I'm tired of playing GTA5 and there's nothing else on.

And odd how I can enjoy every minute of a hockey game and it's very similar to soccer (Except I think hockey is faster, and the chances of someone scoring at any given time is much better...)

Agreed that they're similar in principle, but that hockey is much more exciting due to the speed. I just got into hockey over the last few years and especially this year's playoffs. How anyone could have watched game 5 of the finals without their heart rate rising is beyond me.

Baseball on the radio. Soccer on the tube.

I have a theory that Americans have a hard time watching soccer because there is too much action .. not like baseball where there is a breather after every pitch or football where you play for 6 seconds and then take a 30 second break. We like our ADD.

Baseball on the radio. Soccer on the tube.

I have a theory that Americans have a hard time watching soccer because there is too much action .. not like baseball where there is a breather after every pitch or football where you play for 6 seconds and then take a 30 second break. We like our ADD.

I think the real reason most Americans don't appreciate soccer is because it looks like a bunch of guys kicking a ball around. The don't see the strategies that go on. It takes too long between scores.

As younger people are exposed to soccer, they can grow up understanding the play better, and are better able to appreciate the game. This is being shown in the rise in interest in the game in the US as more youth leagues open up.

My kids both played to some extent when they were younger. I never caught the interest after watching them play for several seasons.

I'd rather poke hot needles in my eyes than watch soccer!

Somewhat fun to play but extremely boring to watch.

Baseball is not a whole lot better though.

Baseball is the only inherently boring sport that I commit to and I love it. But then again I grew up with it… Go Cardinals! The only pleasure I derive from soccer is to make a comment about how boring it is when in the presence of a true soccer devotee. That is WAY more exciting that trying to watch the game.

However, there is one aspect of soccer that I do enjoy and that’s the ACTING. Holy crap, Meryl Streep has nothing on these guys! They get nudged by an opponent and suddenly they’re writhing around on the ground like someone is stabbing them in the genitals with a fiery stick. That, I enjoy.

id rather watch paint dry.... it feels about the same as watching soccer or baseball.

However, there is one aspect of soccer that I do enjoy and that’s the ACTING. Holy crap, Meryl Streep has nothing on these guys! They get nudged by an opponent and suddenly they’re writhing around on the ground like someone is stabbing them in the genitals with a fiery stick. That, I enjoy.

Have you noticed the difference between the Men's and the Women's World Cup matches?

When the women get contact, they don't writhe around on the ground like little b*****s. They leave that to the men!

Soccer! Baseball is boring unless at a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Same here, I don't like either sport, Football however I enjoy, but that's about it..........

Yeah, i can watch football but im still not a big fan of it. I used to be when iwas younger but now i couldn't care less. Not a fan of hockey at all but thats another one i could watch and not fall asleep.

Have you noticed the difference between the Men's and the Women's World Cup matches?

When the women get contact, they don't writhe around on the ground like little b*****s. They leave that to the men!

Another reason why soccer is lame.

Oh and some times nothing ever happens in a soccer game except dudes running back and forth on a field. idk how people can watch a game where neither team scores at all.

The only sports I really enjoy watching are football/soccer, rugby, and hockey. I also enjoy playing all three. I can enjoy playing American football and basketball, but don't like watching them.

Baseball, on the other hand, I can't stand watching OR playing. I just don't get it.

I used to play rounders at primary school. It's basically baseball. Waiting behind the others to go into bat is where I learned how to stand in line at a post office. So, soccer for me. :)

I would rather drill a hole in my head with a salt lick & spray it down with vinegar. or RDWHAHB. I'll take the home brew first though.

After getting more and more fed up with nfl games lasting 3.5 hours, cutting to commercial every 5 minutes and developing a rulebook so complex you need a master's degree to understand it..... I have grown to appreciate soccer.... no time-outs, no commercials, super-simple rules (no hands, don't knock the other guy down, offside....did I miss any?) And less than 2 hours start to finish... I am sold.

Started out with with EPL and Champions League but this year's world cup has been a blast so far... might convince me to tune in to some MLS games next season.

I don't know if I can take a game where a heartbreaking tie is followed by an ecstatic loss.

It is the same logic used to determine division rankings in every sport... Agree the three-game mini-season is odd but that is World Cup, league action is not played like that.

Maybe they should make each goal worth 7 points to appeal to American audiences? So less complaints about how low-scoring it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Soccer ever day of the week. Baseball ( or rounders as the girls call it) isn't for me.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back