Wortdrawal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElyIrishBrew

Reaction score
Left my wort fermenting at 66 degrees two days ago. Gone to close down the seasonal lake propery, and back home with a couple days to spare before I whip out the hydrometer and check it two weeks after initial fermentation.

Here I am at a paradise of a lakeshore cabin in Northern Minnesota, with a crackling fire going in the woodstove and some very nice beer in my hand, a Packers win yesterday, and my mind keeps drifting back to where my first home brew is ticking along.

I think I'm suffering from H-BAD, and I haven't even tasted the stuff yet.

Home-Brew Acquisition Disorder. Sigh. :drunk:

Don't know how you can be away. My first brew is fermenting away in the basement. Already dreading having to leave it this weekend when we head down to see our son at college. My wife had a great idea. Set up a video camera and DVR.. Just to keep an eye on things. Go Pack Go

You guys should immediately drop what you're doing so you can go be with your carboys. Geez they're probably getting infected right now as we speak.

Thanks for feeding my fears...

If the Pack, saddled with durn near as many injured starters as they had in 2010, can win ugly but win, I betcha my beer can win ugly. I don't care how it looks. If my brew tastes good, gives me a pleasant glow and is well carbonated, I'll feel like I've won the Super Bowl. Or at least put an ugly brew in the W category. I think I need to develop some green and gold labels.

Yeah, only a Cheesehead would understand. :D

Know how you feel. I was happy just to see bubbles in the air lock. Feel like I already won. Gotta find a catchy name for my beer. Like Nitschke's Pale Ale ....

Know how you feel. I was happy just to see bubbles in the air lock. Feel like I already won. Gotta find a catchy name for my beer. Like Nitschke's Pale Ale ....

I was born in LaCrosse in '61.

Black and Blue. That's it. Nothing behind it. Just Black and Blue. I could make a kick ass label. Hope I can brew a Wisconstout worthy of the label.

I was born and raised in New Richmond. Now I'm in Eau Claire. We're heading to Plattville on Friday to see our son. He was at the game on Sunday. 1st time with out me :-( just him and a buddy. Good luck with your brew!! I'm having my son in-law check on mine while we gone.

Back