Worst fast food ideas resulting in horrible food

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mutilated monkey meat. that's what we always said as kids (and sadly, now my kids say that :) )

I remember something like this:

big green gobs of greasy, slimy gopher guts
mutilated monkey meat
little birdies' bloody feet...and me without my spoon.

Now why do I remember that from 50-some years ago, but can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday?

mutilated monkey meat

Now why do I remember that from 50-some years ago, but can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday?

We sang Johnny Verbeck. Probabably need to be Dutch and from Holland MI to know that one.

mutilated monkey meat

Bun seed sesame a on onion pickles cheese lettuce sauce special patties beef all two.

Tell me about it. I can still recite the backwards Bic Mac promo 40+ years ago, but I can’t remember why I just walked into this room.

The dutch members of our forum probably know about Johny Verbec
Bun seed sesame a on onion pickles cheese lettuce sauce special patties beef all two.

Tell me about it. I can still recite the backwards Bic Mac promo 40+ years ago, but I can’t remember why I just walked into this room.

My buddy and I could say that one (forwards) in a burp. As two obnoxious teens, we learned to gulp air and talk that way. BTW, the promo was that if you said it to the counter staff, you'd get a free burger. Just about everyone learned it cause, free!

mutilated monkey meat

Great big gobs of greasy grimy gopher guts
little dirty birdy feet
chopped up monkey meat
pale pink piles of petrified porpoise puss
all without my spoon

Boy Scouts. East TN. 50 years ago. Ah.

Not sure I'd consider fast food/counter service to be any worse than a sit down place. They are all kind of hit and miss across the menu. If you only knew the contents of the bags of food in the coolers and stock rooms of restaurants out there...
I avoid counter service. It's not always bad (e.g., Chick Fil-A is pretty good). I just am never in that much of a hurry to eat, and I don't like eating out of a bag or in my car or similar. I'm not passing judgement on others that do - but it gives me the shudders.

Not sure I'd consider fast food/counter service to be any worse than a sit down place. They are all kind of hit and miss across the menu. If you only knew the contents of the bags of food in the coolers and stock rooms of restaurants out there...
About 10 ago we went to a nice sit-down restaurant down on Main Street and my 3 year old daughter was served chicken that was still frozen in the middle. They apologized, but that's about it. A few months later we gave them another chance and this time my daughter got some kind of gel pill (like below) in her fruit salad. When we pointed it out, they were skeptical, like WE had put it in there to get something free. Needless to say, we haven't been back. Even though it has changed it's name twice since then.
display-pill-image

About 10 ago we went to a nice sit-down restaurant down on Main Street and my 3 year old daughter was served chicken that was still frozen in the middle. They apologized, but that's about it. A few months later we gave them another chance and this time my daughter got some kind of gel pill (like below) in her fruit salad. When we pointed it out, they were skeptical, like WE had put it in there to get something free. Needless to say, we haven't been back. Even though it has changed it's name twice since then.
display-pill-image
There's reason why anxiety riddled germophobes don't eat out at restaurants.

If we move on from "fastfood" to chain-restaurants, The worst chain i've been to is "fransmanni", it's a "french" chain that is inside a lot of hotels of a big finnish hotel chain.

So far, on the times I had the misfortune of not being able to avoid them, i've had.
A steak ordered blue, that arrived overdone..not well-done, completely leather.
Fried potatoes that were raw in the middle.
A chickensoup devoid of any actual chicken pieces visible to the naked eye...

IMHO, White Castle serves the most disgustingly irresistible fast food. I love sliders, but because of the gastrointestinal fireworks they induce I can only handle them about twice a year. I like the original with its soft steamed bun and exquisitely tangy slice of warm dill pickle; a streak of Dusseldorf mustard is the only condiment I've ever found that actually adds to the experience.

Warning: over-indulgence may cause severe rectal giggling.

Apparently a turkey stuffed with chopped up sliders is a delicacy, and even though she herself enjoys the occasional jalapeno cheese slider, my wife is repulsed by the idea. One of these years I'm going to sneak one into the oven on thanksgiving because I'd rather beg forgiveness than ask permission.

My older sisters used to sing this on car trips..

We're eating horse manure
We found it in the sewer
Horse manure's great to eat
'Cause we found it in the street
Hooray for horse manure!!!

IMHO, White Castle serves the most disgustingly irresistible fast food. I love sliders, but because of the gastrointestinal fireworks they induce I can only handle them about twice a year. I like the original with its soft steamed bun and exquisitely tangy slice of warm dill pickle; a streak of Dusseldorf mustard is the only condiment I've ever found that actually adds to the experience.

Warning: over-indulgence may cause severe rectal giggling.

Apparently a turkey stuffed with chopped up sliders is a delicacy, and even though she herself enjoys the occasional jalapeno cheese slider, my wife is repulsed by the idea. One of these years I'm going to sneak one into the oven on thanksgiving because I'd rather beg forgiveness than ask permission.

My older sisters used to sing this on car trips..

We're eating horse manure
We found it in the sewer
Horse manure's great to eat
'Cause we found it in the street
Hooray for horse manure!!!
White Castle stuffing sounds very intriguing. Such that I would do it with fully loaded sliders. If you could do a beer-brine turkey stuffed with sliders, then smoke it, you could call it Drunk & Hungover Turkey.

My grand mother used to make oyster stuffing. I'm wondering if White Castle has fish Sammiches. That would worth the yick-face look with the fully body wave gag.

White Castle stuffing sounds very intriguing. Such that I would do it with fully loaded sliders. If you could do a beer-brine turkey stuffed with sliders, then smoke it, you could call it Drunk & Hungover Turkey.

My grand mother used to make oyster stuffing. I'm wondering if White Castle has fish Sammiches. That would worth the yick-face look with the fully body wave gag.
I LOVE the beer-brined smoked sliderbird idea!

I agree with you, this is a complete ***in Burger King. Plus, it's not very cheap. All the food, not just the stuff, is made out of plastic.
I don't like this place because it's expensive and not always delicious. For example, street food truck, imagine how much you can eat there for $9? Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like a robbery. McDonald's, KFC is the same story, it was the disappointment of the year when I paid $5 for 1 small burger.
Now I basically do not go to these places.
Everyone decides for themselves, and I am even sure that many will not agree with me.

Latest posts

Back