Woodshop 11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will be an awesome venue. Bummed I won't be able to make it (will have just returned from honeymoon, and have a UCLA football game that day), but I hope everyone has a blast. Actually - I don't need to hope - I know everyone will have a blast.

Right there with you...I'll be at the Rose Bowl that day. Maybe we need to put together a mini-Woodshop for the ASU game?

I was just about to ask what you want for a 2nd flavor and then it dawned on me we already discussed this and I saw the answer in our messages... I will probably forget and ask again in a month when I am read to make them.

Make a little bit extra, I'll bring a couple of those swing top 750s and let you fill them for me. Hehehe.

Will you be serving Lodge Bread?

Circle Yes or Circle No

JMFbSE3.png

If any of y'all wants to swing by Lodge on the way down to SD on Saturday morning, I'll put up the cost for however many fresh loaves you can get. I'll be in San Diego already.

Otherwise, it might just have to wait until the next LA Woodshop....

If any of y'all wants to swing by Lodge on the way down to SD on Saturday morning, I'll put up the cost for however many fresh loaves you can get. I'll be in San Diego already.

Otherwise, it might just have to wait until the next LA Woodshop....

If DCLA can't do, lemme know. I'm like 5 min down the street from them.

Now I just gotta convince wife that weekend down in SD is necessary for my life.

*Replying to check back with post in 2 months*
Awwww ****! Game on! Now I'm thinking about how to incorporate this into the event somehow..."Extracurricular Indulgences Showdown"? "Artisanal Snack Showdown"?

Dick sodas vs. Lodge bread vs. ....??

sliced jamon iberico?
custom ice creams?
beer floats?
cheese?

something else? Might need to come up with some other goods that are more local and special and standalone... I guess the custom ice creams are *kind of* in the same vein as the sodas and bread, but they're already in the mix and earmarked for beer floats-- not really as standalone products (although they're delicious on their own). Maybe I'll have some pastries or some **** done by Sqirl that I can bring down to show the SD uninitiated wussup.

Awwww ****! Game on! Now I'm thinking about how to incorporate this into the event somehow..."Extracurricular Indulgences Showdown"? "Artisanal Snack Showdown"?

sliced jamon iberico?
custom ice creams?
beer floats?
cheese?

something else? Might need to come up with some other goods that are more local and special and standalone... I guess the custom ice creams are *kind of* in the same vein as the sodas and bread, but they're already in the mix and earmarked for beer floats-- not really as standalone products (although they're delicious on their own). Maybe I'll have some pastries or some **** done by Sqirl that I can bring down to show the SD uninitiated wussup.

some soda floats could be great. We can talk about some combos.

sliced jamon iberico?
custom ice creams?
beer floats?
cheese?

If you could bring some legit ramen I will kiss you on the lips

Also Trystero Coffee

If you could bring some legit ramen I will kiss you on the lips

Also Trystero Coffee
Ramen does not travel well for reheating the next day, and I'm coming down on Friday. And some of the best places don't do takeout at all anyway.

TrysteroCoffee might could be arranged.

Why do I feel like this Woodshop trip is resulting in the development of a modern-day Silk Road?

sliced jamon iberico?
custom ice creams?
beer floats?
cheese?

Coffee Show Down of local roasters? Just small 2oz sample cups should do. MT, James, Bird Rock, OB Beans, Dark Horse, plus I am sure I am missing other potentials.

Ramen does not travel well for reheating the next day, and I'm coming down on Friday. And some of the best places don't do takeout at all anyway.

TrysteroCoffee might could be arranged.

Why do I feel like this Woodshop trip is resulting in the development of a modern-day Silk Road?
I'm joking - I'm more lamenting our pathetic ramen options down here.
Coffee Show Down of local roasters? Just small 2oz sample cups should do. MT, James, Bird Rock, OB Beans, Dark Horse, plus I am sure I am missing other potentials.
How about a donut showdown? Donut Friend vs Nomad Donuts

Well, we kind of already did that (and might again), in the form of the Blind Coffee Showdowns of the last few years... Off the top of my head, I know we had Bird Rock coffee in one of the Pizza Port beers, Caffe Calabria coffee in another, plus Mostra (Alesmith), Modern Times (Modern Times), and some LA/OC roasters in some others-- Portola (Noble), Trystero (HPB), for instance.

Back