Wlp810

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kerrbrewer

I just wanna brew!
Reaction score
First post been trolling awhile. Planning my first batch with a lager yeast. It will be an ale and uses lager yeast like a CA Common. I have a ferment chamber and have no problem controlling temp during my primary ferment. Its after primary that im not sure of. Should I do a d-rest and cold store like a lager? Anyone have experience with this? Will there be any real benefit? Any and all info appreciated!

no experience with WLP810, but I suggest if you can d-rest and lager, do it

my understanding is that all beers benefit from a slight increase in temps near the end of fermentation

Thanks for the reply Grognerd After further reading it appears this hybrid yeast will do fine either way. You can lager or secondary in the high 50's. Experiment time!

I you are going to be fermenting in the 50's you will need / want to do a diacetyl rest at 68 - 70 for a couple days at 2 - 5 gravity points before your target finish. Then start cranking it down to your lager temps. A true lager is near freezing.

Back