WLP530 still going after a week. Infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerens

Reaction score
Made a starter two days before pitching. Pitched into a 1.070 dubbel wort. It was the most krausenist ferment I have ever had. It did blow the top of my Ale Pale off during the second night. The top was just loose enough to allow the CO2 to escape when I woke up. I have never fermented with 530 before and have never had a yeast ferment for so long. I am nervous that I got an infection while switching the airlocks out every hour or when it did blow off. It has been 7 days and the airlock is bubbling every 3 seconds.

Thanks!

Cheers!

I have had 3787 ( same yeast) take a long time to ferment. Ionce did a BDSA that the carboy looked like a lava lamp for a full 3 weeks.

It starts off fast and then just keeps chuging along.

What temp is it at?

I've got 3787 going right now. It is my first experience with this yeast. Pitched it Tuesday into 1.080 wort. Less than four days (today) it's at 1.032 and chugging along. Nice peppery phenols in taste sample. ��

Air lock means nothing, AND be patient. There is zero reason to be worried at this point.

I started fermentation at 64 and have been upping it a degree a day until day 6. It is now at 70.

Beerens said:
I started fermentation at 64 and have been upping it a degree a day until day 6. It is now at 70.

Good! Leave it another week and then check, it can take awhile to finish up the last of the sugars.

Back