Winery/cidery accounting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joewalla88

Reaction score
I just had a phone interview with a local winery/cidery for an accounting position. I think it went well, and am really excited about the idea of working for this company. I've been working in accounting for almost 5 years, and have my master's degree in accounting. Combine that with something I'm passionate about, like brewing, it just has me pumped. Does anyone on here do accounting work in the industry? Any advice for the face to face interviews to come? Maybe any good learning sources for accounting processes that might be more specific to the industry? Thanks!

In my opinion, (not as an accountant, but as a supervisor), I would take anyone who is qualified, but shows a genuine interest and enthusiasm about the work we're doing.

So, IMO, yeah, you've got a great shot at the job. I wish you the best of luck.

Are you familiar with the TTB and local/state regulations specifically related to the operation of a winery/cidery. I would definitely seek those regulations out and understand how you can best help them meet those requirements.

Not an accountant here, but I work in a regulated industry and those are the types of questions I would ask in an interview.

Best of luck.

Thanks, I'll definitely look into that. I know there will likely be some specific tax issues related to alcohol sales too that I should get familiar with.

Back