Will the bubbling ever stop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick689

Reaction score
Well in my 3 years of brewing I haven't ran across this.
I am making a lime wheat for summer and used California V white labs yeast for the first time.
I did not make a starter OG was 1.056. I had bubbles within 12 hours vigorous for about 4-5 days All seems good. Now 10 days later it is still has a slow bubble and each day it slows a bit more. Wednesday 25 seconds gravity 1.016 between today Saturday 45 sec 1.012 FG is est. at 1.010. So it seems to be still working. but taking longer then normal. Any thoughts should I pitch a dry wine yeast to clear it out? Transfer it to a secondary to remove it from the yeast? Or just leave it alone

Just leave it alone, the yeast knows how to make beer and doesn't need your help, it's obviously still working so let it, there is no rule on how Long fermentation takes and jus because this one is taking longer doesn't mean there is anything wrong that you need to fix:)

Bubbles mean nothing at this point of fermentation. It's probably co2 releasing because the temps warmed up, or someone walked past the fermenter and the floor moved. Bubbles can last forever and don't mean a thing.

that is what I thinking but I thought I would run it buy someone else who may of been through this before. thanks for the advice. leave it alone and watch the gravity since that is the best indicator.
thanks again
Cheers

Back