Wild Range IPA, World Brews, Rochester, NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MT2sum

Reaction score
Just bought a sixer of this cheap IPA at ALDI's for $6.99. I'd like to find out what kind of hops they use, but their websites are just placeholders, not sites! If you have ever tried or bought this beer, let me know what hops you think they use, since most of what I've read on BeerAdvocate has been either Cascade(?), too citrussy, no citrus, piney, not piney, (kind of like one review that I read about something .... "has a barnyard flavor" .... Sorry, but I've never tasted my barnyard!), etc. No one seems to have any definite idea of what hops are used. Do you?
I'd like to brew an IPA with those hops (IF they can be identified),to see if I can make a hoppier, tastier clone of that beer, because I liked the flavor imparted by those particular hops! What's really going to mess me up is if there are 2 or more hops used to get that flavor :>).

Just bought a sixer of this cheap IPA at ALDI's for $6.99. I'd like to find out what kind of hops they use, but their websites are just placeholders, not sites! If you have ever tried or bought this beer, let me know what hops you think they use, since most of what I've read on BeerAdvocate has been either Cascade(?), too citrussy, no citrus, piney, not piney, (kind of like one review that I read about something .... "has a barnyard flavor" .... Sorry, but I've never tasted my barnyard!), etc. No one seems to have any definite idea of what hops are used. Do you?
I'd like to brew an IPA with those hops (IF they can be identified),to see if I can make a hoppier, tastier clone of that beer, because I liked the flavor imparted by those particular hops! What's really going to mess me up is if there are 2 or more hops used to get that flavor :>).
Always difficult to identify all hops used in an ipa. Maybe able to pick out one or two but if it’s a good blend it’s hard. Also if it’s been in the cans or bottle for a long time you end up just tasting hops and not specific verity. Also since it was so cheap for a 6 pack I’m guessing if you picked up pine, chinook was in it. Grapefruit citrus then cascade. Citrus/floral centennial. Citrus/earth/dank comlunbus.

Back