Wife now wants it sweeter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mewellsar

Reaction score
I made a basic cider from a recipe off here. Backsweetened with 3 cans of juice concentrate before it went into the keg and force carbonated. Now my wife who taste tested it before and said it was good thinks it should have been a little sweeter.

Is there anyone who has opened up the keg and backsweetened more after the had carbonated? Is this even a possibility?

I haven't done it, but I think lactose might be a good option. Dissolve it in some boiled water and allow it to come to room temperature. Add cooled solution to your keg.

Just a guess. :mug:

She liked it much better tonight when we put a half shot of simple syrup in the bottom the glass and poured from the tap on tap. Just curious if we could go ahead and open it up and add about 25 ounces of simple syrup.

Shouldn't be a big deal for cider, esp forced carbed. You're not gonna loose anything. Just bleed off the pressure add your syrup and seal it back up. Hit it with some co2 and you should be good to go.

All seems well except that I obviously didn't get the syrup cool enough on the 2nd addition. We had a small volcano

Added 3 cups sugar dissolved in 3 cups water and 1 ounce raspberry extract. Went fine, still wanted sweeter.

Repeated process with a second batch of the syrup mix. Should have cooled it longer, but it did make for a nice show.

Latest posts

Back