Why I LOVE brewing ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aschecte

Brewtus Maximus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The question came up today at work why do I love homebrewing so much when I could buy a 12 pack at the local beer depot.... here we go I'll start it and add from here..

1. it's mine
2. more control of flavor
3. it's natural
4. ....

I have way more but let's see what we all feel. :mug:

4. It's a fun hobby.
5. It can be cheaper in the long run.
6. It broadens knowledge of beer, making it easier to appreciate other beers made by commercial breweries.

BMC's have their place,but I can make something better & cheaper than craft brews I also enjoy exploring. I can make all manner of combinations,depending on my muse's follies. Besides the satisfaction of coming up with a great brew along the way. Most folks don't understand the addiction until they are,in fact,addicted themselves.
My wife is a good example.

When the world has a cataclysmic ending that leave a few survivors, I'll still have a kicking party.... once I figure out how to malt barley!

Clem

10) It's art
11) It's science
12) The by-product makes you feel all funny

13) I love fermentation
14) I know exactly what's in it
15) It's just plain exciting

16) It's my one hobby that doesn't need to be explained, yet everyone encourages me to talk about it anyway.

18) it allows me to build lots of ****
19) brewing is super relaxing
20) I really like cleaning old beer bottles

24) I feel like I am back in College re-living my youth: lots of math, reading, studying, and BEER!

26) More time with the kids :).

088.jpg

089.jpg

For me it's a good reason to waste 1/2 the day Sunday, otherwise I would have to take SWMBO shopping........ trust me, a batch of beer is cheaper than SWMBO's itinerary. :mug:

It allows us to reconnect with our ancient mystical roots. Maybe we know how it works, but who can say why? We are reconnecting with a tradition that has been held in spiritual reverence by many cultures. It is a magical transformation of four simple ingredients into a beverage of epic social importance.

28. It helps me pick up chicks (Actually got some hipster girls number after talking to her about it when i brought over my own brew to a party)

33. It creates ME time (I fit in the unsocial bastard category)
34. Even if a batch isn't great, its still beer and its MINE
35. Brewing is just downright awesome!

36. There's this great smell when you dough in.
37. There's another great smell when you add hops to the boil.
38. Hydrometer samples usually taste really good.
39. There is nothing quite like the first taste of a recently-finished batch.
40. There is nothing quite like the last taste of an older batch and knowing you have twenty gallons more in the pipeline.

Back