Who's ordered from Hops Direct??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, i agree. i'm now gonna have to spend over $6 for 3oz of hops when I have a pound of them in transit, so I can brew this weekend.

Exactly. I'm going to miss more brewing weekends, and I think I'm going to suck it up and spend $3-4 / oz at the LHBS this weekend for the noble hops on a Belgian blonde. At least I've chosen a fairly hop-light brew.

I will probably have extra ounces of the following: Cascade, Chinook, Columbus, Fuggles, Magnum, Saaz and Willamette.

If you, or anyone in the western burbs, is interested in trading a few ounces let me know. I'm interested in Amarillo, Centennial, Strippelspalt, Hallertau, Northern Brewer or Tettnanger

Ha! I ordered 3 of the 4 varieties you did. I also have a pound of nugget coming.

I'm a little frustrated by the incredible slowness. I placed an order on Monday morning, it shipped Friday afternoon. I chose "UPS Ground", which is generally about 5 days shipping time. My package has a 10 day ship time apparently from Washington to NC. Sure, that's cross country, but it's taken it five freakin' days so far just to go from Washington to Minnesota.

Their site says allow 2-3 days for an order to be shipped, but Monday morning to Friday afternoon is pushing it.

My order took nearly 2 weeks (granted close to new years, but still). I'd say you should make sure and place your order 2 weeks before intending to brew. So I guess I'll place my next when I have around 4 oz total left...

Ordered 2 pounds of fresh 2010 Friday afternoon and got shipping confirmation today.
I expect up to 6 days shipping, so if ya ask me, they seem to be on top of things nowadays.

Back