Who's brewing this thanksgiving (or the day after)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diptherunner

Reaction score
Anyone doing a Thanksgiving brew session? I am introducing my brother-in-law to it, (homebrewing) and brewing a SNPA clone. I wonder what the best Thanksgiving themed beer would be?

Thanksgiving does good things for beer in my household. For the last couple years, the wife has worked a 110-hour mega-shift on Thanksgiving weekend, so the kid and I brew like crazy. We're already chilling the first of today's three batches: a smoked porter, with an IPA and a English pale ale on deck. Around three, we'll go get dinner at the brewpub up the road.

I don't put pumpkin in beer. That's just not how the beer Jesus wants it.

Happy holidays everyone!

Tomorrow I am brewing a Big Brown Ale and I have two batches going into bottles this weekend. A BDSA and an Amber Ale.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...Cheers

I hit up the 'day after turkey day' brewing session.

Twas a great day, duck hunting in the morning, brewing in the afternoon.

On thanksgiving I bottled a cervaza with serano and habanero peppers. And last night o brewed a strong english bock. Not quite strong enough for it to be a dopplebock. I'm hopping that one will be ready for some ice fishing in January. :) happy thanksgiving everyone.

Brewed an Autumn amber ale kit from Midwest on Turkey day. Going to be my new tradition!

Brewed my first parti- type today. Turned the second runnings of an old ale into a dry stout! It was great. Was hoping to get my Dad and sisters involved, but they couldn't stick around yesterday. However I did convince a friend to buy huge setup from the LHBS on Black Friday, so at least I will have someone else new to brew with.

Thanksgiving themed beer, that is easy. Anything with pumpkin. Either a Pumpkin Spice Stout or my favorite a Pumpkin/Coffee! I will be brewing a Double Chocolate on Friday!!!

Anyone doing a Thanksgiving brew session? I am introducing my brother-in-law to it, (homebrewing) and brewing a SNPA clone. I wonder what the best Thanksgiving themed beer would be?
Back when I first started brewing, a buddy heard I was using my turkey fryer for the boil. His first comment was, "What ya making...wishbone stout?"

To this day, it still brings a smile to my face.

...and reminds me to clean the kettle REALLY well before brewing :)

Edit to add: Not brewing anything over Thanksgiving, but I did start a batch of cider Monday. Bubbling away happily in the kitchen right now.

Back when I first started brewing, a buddy heard I was using my turkey fryer for the boil. His first comment was, "What ya making...wishbone stout?"

To this day, it still brings a smile to my face.

...and reminds me to clean the kettle REALLY well before brewing :)

Edit to add: Not brewing anything over Thanksgiving, but I did start a batch of cider Monday. Bubbling away happily in the kitchen right now.

So one brew day, we pulled his kettle out and it had a spider dwelling in the bottom. We told ourselves we will take care of it before we start the pull, guess what we forgot!!! That Beer was renamed.... Sip's Applewood smoked spider porter! Labels were AWESOME!!!!

Mirror Pond clone on Friday. Using Wyeast 1968, which I made a 1L starter for last weekend.

I need something quick and drinkable for Christmas when our student comes home - he's 24, and drinks like a fish, but don't want him to get through my octoberfest too quickly (as it took 3 months to make).

Thinking about doing a double brew day Friday.Most likely a Tripel and a Saison with my new ferm chamber so i can use my keezer now for kegged beer.Brewing a christmas ale as I type.

Brewed the last 2 days. Also bottled yesterday. Hitting the road today. Coming back Saturday and having some buddies over to try some homebrew, eat turkey chili and watch football.

Great week thus far!!!

I plan on brewing a pale ale this weekend. I'm entering one into a competition and want to brew another batch so I'm not so sad about sending a whole case out.

Planning in doing a chocolate stout on the day after thanksgiving. Hope it turns out good, just picked a recipe that looked good.

I brewed two beers for Thanksgiving. An Irish Red ale and a biscuit amber. The day after Thanksgiving I am trying a high gravity brew of my lawn mower lager, a favorite of my Christmas guests who are not real craft beer drinkers.

Have a good Thanksgiving all.

Dr Malt :mug:

Brewing an oatmeal stout right now. Kegging a wit an black IPA over the weekend. Happy thanksgiving all!

I'm brewing a chocolate porter with my dad on friday! Pretty excited as I haven't brewed with him for a few years!

I mashed in on a dubbel tonight and will boil in the morning. I just used whatever I had laying around grain wise and ordered some candi syrup using my Amazon Prime. C60, Special B, Aromatic, Briess Pale Ale malt, Candi Syrup 90, Williamette hops I had laying around, and a clearance expired smackpack of Abbey II Wyeast 1762.

No brewing for me these last two days. I will be bottling either tomorrow or Sunday. I want to brew another Scottish Ale, but I need to do a bottle inventory first. I have 3 in fermenters now and need to make sure I have room.

Back