Who would buy this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to sell them quite regularly at garage sales for $5.00, including the modern ones with plastic tops instead of ceramic.

for 15 bucks you can get a couple that already have good beer in them at the beer shop. ebay is full of overpriced stuff. he is probably selling them to his other screen name.

I've bought one amber Grolsch with a Georgia top for $0.99 with free shipping. The seller was pissed that I won with the minimum bid and tried to charge shipping. eBay backed me up.
These prices are for bottle collectors, not homebrewers. I gleefully soaked off the remnants of the original label.

I've monitor eBay daily for swing-tops since 2009. Other than the amber bottle above, I've only found the larger lots affordable per bottle. I'm amazed how much even new bottles sell. It's cheaper to buy Grolsch bottles with Grolsch in them. Shipping is a *****.

ummmmm.... I have over 100 of them sitting in my basement collecting dust..... I will let them go for a mere $9.99 per bottle. $750 for the whole works:)

OMG that is amazing! I've never seen a bottle like that before in my life!

LOLOLOOL_OLLL!!!!!11111

Seriously, I don't even prefer them, except for a quick fill to take to a party or give to a friend. Kind of like a growler, except I actually have a large version of that with a metal handle that I usually prefer to use for a growler (not to mention the too many actual growlers I have taking up space in the closet... I really need to pack most of them away.)

Latest posts

Back