Who is brewing on Long Island?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0E7E736A-BFB8-476E-A5E7-B3D7AFB78B40.jpeg

Almost back to normal! The club used to have this event at GSB, but the brewery has grown and couldn’t accommodate the competition this year. Fortunately Po’Boy could support it in their newly expanded space. Here’s the link for anyone who wants to get their entries in, or can judge, or just wants to attend the awards ceremony and raffle. 25th Annual BEER Brew Off

Pretty quite on this thread. What’s everyone been up too? Entries for the BEER competition maxed out a few days before the deadline. So I’ve been busy wrangling prizes for the awards ceremony. This is from a sponsor we hadn’t had before. Anyway if you come on down for the awards and raffle please say hello. @JohnSand if you are, i can give you your bottle back. I hope you don’t mind that I put some beer in it.

Attachments

• 9916720A-968A-4574-9C39-75196E4118A6.jpeg
    9916720A-968A-4574-9C39-75196E4118A6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Pretty quite on this thread. What’s everyone been up too? Entries for the BEER competition maxed out a few days before the deadline. So I’ve been busy wrangling prizes for the awards ceremony. This is from a sponsor we hadn’t had before. Anyway if you come on down for the awards and raffle please say hello. @JohnSand if you are, i can give you your bottle back. I hope you don’t mind that I put some beer in it.
That sounds like fun! Po Boy is our closest brewery. I'll see if we have any commitments.
I can return your bottle too.

I have a couple of beers on tap right now that I brewed in February. I generally don't brew in spring, too busy on the boat.

We won't be able to make it to the brewery Saturday. There is a memorial service for a boating friend.

If anyone was planning to be around for the awards and raffle it’s been moved up to 5 PM. Sorry for your loss @JohnSand .

I wasn't able to make the awards but I was surprised to see my Marzen took Silver! First competition and I'm glad I did it even if I hadn't placed.

Out of curiosity, will the score sheets be made available? I did see the scores on my profile.

Thanks again!

I wasn't able to make the awards but I was surprised to see my Marzen took Silver! First competition and I'm glad I did it even if I hadn't placed.

Out of curiosity, will the score sheets be made available? I did see the scores on my profile.

Thanks again!
Way to go! I just answered someone with a similar question from the club’s Facebook page… since you’ve placed, your sheets and ribbon will be mailed, presumably in the next few days. I’m not sure if they will get added to your entry section on the site, mine weren’t I was given the hard copies.

Way to go! I just answered someone with a similar question from the club’s Facebook page… since you’ve placed, your sheets and ribbon will be mailed, presumably in the next few days. I’m not sure if they will get added to your entry section on the site, mine weren’t I was given the hard copies.
fantastic, thanks again!!

anybody been able to find oxygen cylinders on Long Island lately? I looked a month ago and remember seeing some availability but then decided not to brew and didn't go get it...today nothing anywhere as far as Ace, Tractor Supply, Home Depot and Lowes websites will tell me at least...

anybody been able to find oxygen cylinders on Long Island lately? I looked a month ago and remember seeing some availability but then decided not to brew and didn't go get it...today nothing anywhere as far as Ace, Tractor Supply, Home Depot and Lowes websites will tell me at least...
If you are looking for new tanks I saw a few in Karps about a 4-6 back

I am looking for a commercial location on Long Island within 20 mins from Massapequa. I need water, sewer, heat, concrete floors and an overhead door.

Looking for 1000 sq/ft, +/- 250.

Please let me know if you are aware of such a place up for lease.

I just want to take a minute before I get busier with the holiday things to wish everyone a happy thanksgiving. I’m still deciding on what beer to chill for that day. Abricot from St James, or Delirium Tremens. Keeping the weight down means one or the other and not both. Anyway, make it a good one, cheers!

I have O2 cylinders if you’re still looking. I have 2 E cylinders that are still in Certification. They are empty.

Anybody know where I can get propylene glycol USP on the island? I already bought out Tractor Supply. I have 4 gallons coming in the mail, but I kind a wanted to find a close place.

IMG_1874.jpeg

The meeting starts @ 7:30 but people start arriving @ 7 to have a drink and be social. Homebrew is shared at the end of said meeting. Meetings are free and there will be a raffle or two.

IMG_2026.jpeg

Heading west for this one. The meeting starts @ 7:30 but people start arriving @ 7 to have a drink and be social. Homebrew is shared at the end of said meeting. Meetings are free and there will be a raffle or two. Just tell them Cynthia sent you 😉

Back