who has burnt the extract? lol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortyz

Reaction score
after 5 brews and i burn the extract.

who else has done this? so i dont feel like a complete tard :ban:

My 4th extract beer I burned it because I forgot to turn the heat off as I was doing a late boil addition...It wasn't a complete disaster since it was an Amber and the additional caramelized wort helped give it a bit of character. Until I did a quick and easy Orange Wheat Hefeweizen last month for my brother, it was my last extract batch!

I did this tonight in fact, but it only just started to burn. I mixed real well and turn ed the heat down. I think its ok, we will see in a few weeks.

Don't feel silly unless you WEREN'T drinking at the time. :tank:

I *never* drink while I'm brewing. I was in a hurry to get finished because I was brewing at night and it was my last extract beer. I made up the following week with my first all grain beer that lasted all of 3 days!

oh i was drinking, thats my rule though. when brewing, im drinking. lol

i thought about the same thing when my spoon turned a little black, do i just continue with the brew and hope it turns out. i made the decision to dump it, for the weeks it takes to make a brew its not worth the test.

Not burned, but caramelized a little for sure. Since I brew in a 20qt pressure cooker, now I leave the false bottom in when I brew extract. That way the extract doesn't touch the bottom of the pot.

Back