Who else does serious beer photography ? Show me your beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnbyG

Reaction score
Long story short, I have decided to start photographing my beers. I have thoroughly enjoyed brewing my own beer and it is only fair that I record the results on my camera. I photograph a lot of concerts and dance performances, but relatively new to product/beer photography. I am not a professional photographer, just a serious amatuer. I don't have the space to have a serious product photography setup like Karl Taylor, so I am in the process of building a DIY setup with cardboards and tracing paper.

What is your DIY photography/lighting setup like ? If you have some photographs of your beers, I would love to see them! Thanks!

Here are a couple random photos, nothing fancy.

aviary-image-1469570471724.jpg

IMG_20161011_132111.jpg

Some of the guys on the "Picture of your Pint" thread might be worth reaching out to about lenses, shutter speeds, flip flaps and other such photography terms.

IPA brewed with soft Ontario winter wheat, and local wildflower honey.

B6DQ5QQIIAEbook.jpg:large

Brett fermented APA hopped with lots of citra & galaxy
ByadoIQIgAABdeG.jpg

DTZKRAC.png

I've posted this picture a bunch of times around this forum, so guys might be tired of it.

But I really like it, and the beer is my favorite recipe.

A Clone that turned out way better than the real thing. Mine is the awesome dark one on the left in the top pic

pic 1.jpg

pic 3.jpg

Most of my photos are more for offering advice or just stimulate ideas. This is one for bottling set up.

This is one serious setup compared to my two buckets and the flimsy brew kettle. :D

Some of the guys on the "Picture of your Pint" thread might be worth reaching out to about lenses, shutter speeds, flip flaps and other such photography terms.

Thanks for the recommendation! I will check it out!

DTZKRAC.png

I've posted this picture a bunch of times around this forum, so guys might be tired of it.

But I really like it, and the beer is my favorite recipe.

Out of curiosity, what did you brew here ?

A Clone that turned out way better than the real thing. Mine is the awesome dark one on the left in the top pic

The colors are very different, I prefer the darker one! :)

Out of curiosity, what did you brew here ?

An English brown ale that borrows some flavors from a porter. Chocolate and toffee flavors blend with the fruity-ness of English yeast (S-04, if i recall).

It is my best beer so far, and I brew it every fall.

Im in the middle of a move, but when i unpack my brew gear Ill PM you the recipe if you're interestd.

An English brown ale that borrows some flavors from a porter. Chocolate and toffee flavors blend with the fruity-ness of English yeast (S-04, if i recall).

It is my best beer so far, and I brew it every fall.

Im in the middle of a move, but when i unpack my brew gear Ill PM you the recipe if you're interestd.

I will appreciate that, thanks! Good luck with the move, I hate moving!

From a few years back...

5480392662_93bb75ddf4_b.jpg

Nice work there! Plexiglass I presume ?

Vanilla bean cream ale, not professional but it looks delicious. cell phone pic.

11034899_10204585992066059_7840744133802362492_n.jpg

Back