Who Does HBT at Work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you HBT from work?

• I don't work

• Nope, can't do it

• Yeah but I gotta keep it on the down low

• Sure, no problem

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hamaki

Reaction score
Some members mention on occasion that they're posting from work. While I guess I probably could pull off reading & posting from work I really don't have the time and it just wouldn't feel "right" since I work for the gobblement. You know, your tax dollars, etc.

So I'm curious what percentage of members HBT at work? For those that do, is it something to fill in down time? Do you have to keep a low profile or does anyone care?

All the time. Self employed and don't feel one bit guilty about spending a few moments getting my head out of work during the day. But I work with my nose in the computer a good portion of the day.

Usually have it open on my PC all day. Except when my boss comes over and wants me to print-out another page of flowers for her to paint. A real taskmaster for a 4 year old granddaughter. Go ahead and tell me it's not work - dare ya. Harder work than the IT Managers job I left for this. (wife's idea)

I thought that's what HBT was for... To hold you over at work until you get home to your equipment.

Usually have it open on my PC all day. Except when my boss comes over and wants me to print-out another page of flowers for her to paint. A real taskmaster for a 4 year old granddaughter. Go ahead and tell me it's not work - dare ya. Harder work than the IT Managers job I left for this. (wife's idea)

It's a tough job, alright. I've never been able to do it for much more than a week or so at a time and even then I job share with the Mrs.

Yup, all the time. It's not a problem with my job, surf any time I want and still get more done than most of my coworkers.

I read and sometimes even post from work. On the other hand, I work a lot.

Like others above in the thread, I'm self-employed. My boss is a real jerk sometimes, though.

I do at work when I get a little downtime, but even then I'm just in lurk mode. I stop by to check out a few new threads, then it's back to the grindstone. No time to start jumping into discussions.

We recently opened a bunch of freedom at work and I leave it open to mouse across every hour to see new post.

All the time, I'm union b****! But seriously, I do when there's a break in the action.

I do, I'm paid to think, part of that process is letting my mind focus on something else while letting my subconscious mind work. I've had some of my best ideas while taking a shower, work can tolerate me blathering/reading about homebrewing on occasion.

I have "windows of opportunity" at work, times when there really isn't much going on that requires much more than just keeping an ear on things; that's when I HBT.
Regards, GF.

I used to more than I do now, gotten better at focusing as I found myself drifting off topic at work. Still poke around a bit round lunchtime though.

I pop in when I take a break, there is no issue with, and I'm on my own personal computer anyway. Being a mechanic means if there aren't cars in my bays I get to do as I please because I get paid flat rate book time to fix cars, if I'm not working on something I'm literally not getting paid, let them try and tell me what to do when they aren't paying me hourly/salary.

Back