white specks in brew after bottle conditioning?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basilchef

Reaction score
The beer tastes good and looks decent for the most part its clear and all, i just have one problem, when i pour it into my pint glass it gets these "flaky" white specks. Im pretty sure its just yeast due to the fact it resides near the bottom of my bottles. My yeast was wyeast 1272, im sure others have brewed with this yeast. Has anyone with 1272 experience had similar problems? -thanks for your replies.

Most likely just sediment. Pics would help to know for sure, but if it wasnt there before, than its probably just yeast that was taken when you transferred to the bottling bucket. If it was dry hopped, it could also be left over hop shrapnel (I know hops are green but i'm just sayin').

yeah, its too hard to see in pics. so the pics would just show some guys beer that looks perfectly normal. I cold crashed for the first time and the beer is clearer then normal. maybe its just the fact that its unfiltered and clear at the same time. it tastes great and smells even better. I hop bursted the beer so if had a lot of sediment. its probably just fine. just seemed chunky for yeast.

Latest posts

Back