Which two hops would you use together?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedo-Rick

Reaction score
I'm going to be making two different APA's that I'll be bittering with magnum.

I have 2 ounces each of citra, mosaic, galaxy and Amarillo. I plan on spreading 2 ounces of each hop through the last 10 minutes of the boil, knockout and dry hop for each beer.

Which two hop combinations would you use together?

Last edited:
I'd go Galaxy and Amarillo. Galaxy is a good bittering hop with some fruity flavor. Amarillo is great for aroma and some citrusy notes.

I don't have any experience with Mosaic, but the internet machine says it's a daughter of Simcoe and Nugget. Sounds good.

I really like Citra. I use it to add crisp citrus flavors to an IPA that would otherwise taste like yard debris.

I'm drinking a Mosaic & Amarillo IPA right now, and it's fantastic. Honestly, I'm sure any of the two would be good.

Citra+Loral & Amarillo+Simcoe are life changers.

Amongst those you have...Citra+Mosaic and Amarillo+Galaxy would be my pick.

I would do the Amarillo/Citra together and the Galaxy/Mosaic...

What are the addition amounts?

Citra and mosaic, My three most favoured pales by others so far have been pure citra/ mosaic+citra/ amarillo+citra. My favourite was the mosaic+citra, very closely followed by the pure citra. You can’t really go wrong with any combonation with those hops IMO.

Latest posts

Back