which hops go with Briess Pilsen DME?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omazing

Reaction score
i'm ordering hops online now, which ones go with Briess Pilsen light DME? and what kind of style of beer would that give me?

thats a strange question for me. i use pilsen dme to make pilsners and lagers and to up the gravity without changing the color when i miss the mark after flameout.

you can add any single hop you want to make a SMASH .

you can add a traditional pilsner hop like saaz . to make a chech pilsner. or hallertau for a german pilsner.

check out brewers friend for ideas or the recipe section here

you can experiment and add any fruity/citrusy ale hop you want to make a non traditional pilsner but imo fruity hops go better with maltier beers

so i guess its up to you what you want to brew.

do a search here first i often find that you can already find most of the answers to your questions. someone on here recommended using google to search homebrewtalk as its sometimes more specific then the search bar up top.

google gave me this:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/hop-varieties-for-pilsners.622804/

i'm ordering hops online now, which ones go with Briess Pilsen light DME? and what kind of style of beer would that give me?
Despite the name Pilsen extract (or Pilsner malt) is a versatile light colored malt that can be used for just about any style of beer. In general an all-grain Pilsner malt will be lighter in color than the equivalent Pilsen DME (which will be lighter than Pilsen LME). While there is not a massive difference between Briess Pilsen Light and Briess Golden Light, I tend to reach for the Pilsen Light as my standard extract if I want to brew a beer that will be light in color.

If using 100% Pilsen DME, you could make any type of pale lager/hybrid (such as Helles, Pilsner, American Lager, Kolsch, etc.) a light colored American ale (Blonde, Pale Ale, IPA, maybe a few more), or maybe some Belgian ales (Saison, Single, Blond, Golden Strong...though maybe with some sugar added).

I’ve used Pilsner malt with all different types of hops! It really depends on what type of beer you want to brew.

I’ve made American Wheat Beers with Pilsner Malt and used Mouteka and Pacifica…I’ve also used Cascade, Citra and Mosaic.

The combos are endless!

thats a strange question for me. i use pilsen dme to make pilsners and lagers and to up the gravity without changing the color when i miss the mark after flameout.

you can add any single hop you want to make a SMASH .

you can add a traditional pilsner hop like saaz . to make a chech pilsner. or hallertau for a german pilsner.

check out brewers friend for ideas or the recipe section here

you can experiment and add any fruity/citrusy ale hop you want to make a non traditional pilsner but imo fruity hops go better with maltier beers

so i guess its up to you what you want to brew.

do a search here first i often find that you can already find most of the answers to your questions. someone on here recommended using google to search homebrewtalk as its sometimes more specific then the search bar up top.

google gave me this: here

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/hop-varieties-for-pilsners.622804/
Thank you. I'm impressed, I appreciate your insight into the different types of hops that can be used to make beer. I will definitely check out the Brewers Friend website for more ideas and recipes.

Latest posts

Back