Where to find a big bag for Biab

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hophead2011

Reaction score
Hey all,

Making the jump to biab this weekend, have all my equipment but just found that the 5 gallon paint strainer bags from HD won't fit my big pot! I've called around and nobody carries 10 gallon bags.

It's the bayou classic 82 qt, 19" diameter and 17" deep. I can't sew a thing so that rules out voile from walmart.

Thanks for any ideas!

Run to Wally World or your favorite big box store and pick up a set of curtains, white, made of voile fabric and some polyester thread and start sewing...you can make any custom size!

I had my mom make me four from a set of large curtains and they work great...I even sewed in a drawstring to keep it closed and allow for hoisting!

They work GREAT! Just keep then off the bottom of the pot when your burner is fired up!

Ok just googled hop spider ( hey I'm still a newb!). That's not a bad idea! A quick trip to hd and I can still brew this weekend.

I think I'll go ahead and just order a big bag from Austin homebrew for future use.

Back