Where do you buy your grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olotti

Reaction score
Do you order online or go through your lhbs. I’m looking for lg quantities to store since I mill my own grain. Mostly looking for, Pilsner, 2 row base malts In 50lbs and wheat, Munich or Vienna in the 10lb range.

My lhbs does a monthly group buy. Every other month between distributors. One month will be Fawcett MO and Wyeast. The next, Crisp and White Labs. Order by email before noon on Monday, curbside pickup starting the following Friday.

Both. My LHBS generally has sacks of Rahr or Briess base malts and Munich/Vienna/Wheat malts in stock. I loved the Swaen Pilsner I picked up at the LHBS as well.

I've used MoreBeer for Weyermann Barke Pils and British base malts (e.g. Simpson's Golden Promise) that are harder for the LHBS to stock.

Thanks for the replies. I actually was at the lhbs today for some hops and asked about malt and he said he usually has enough on hand to fill say 50lb base malt orders and 10lb adjunct grains. So I like hat I still get to support the local place.

Latest posts

Back