Where are the corny keg deals at?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My LHBS sells them for $49... if only I was into the Kegging stage... but JUST getting into brewing (one batch in), not in the finances for me yet.

The prices keep climbing. I'm buying new. I only need a few more. It's a lifetime investment and I don't want the fuss that my 3 used kegs create.

The prices keep climbing. I'm buying new. I only need a few more. It's a lifetime investment and I don't want the fuss that my 3 used kegs create.

Can't see what the "fuss" is ALL kegs will need new o-rings and poppets at some point they will get dents and dings over time. I can get 3>1 buying used is no fuss:D

Just pulled the plug on a More Beer deal I found on Homebrew Finds. Converted pin lock to ball lock. New cover, new o-rings, new pressure valve, new posts, etc. $72 and free shipping. Sure could have gotten a used keg cheaper, but would have to replace most of the parts most likely, so probably evens out in the end. Per More Beer, just the new ball lock cover would be $20 if bought separate.

Now I have to wait a few weeks to buy a tank and regulator without having my better half yelling at me! ;)

Can't see what the "fuss" is ALL kegs will need new o-rings and poppets at some point they will get dents and dings over time. I can get 3>1 buying used is no fuss:D

Personal preference, I guess. Would rather not have to worry about it not sealing properly, being clean, never used, and mine forever. I'm not planning on having a 100 kegs like some guys, so shelling out for a few new kegs isn't a big deal for me.

I've looked and looked and I honestly don't think you will find a better and more consistently available price.

This, in our area anyway.

Both Brewmeister locations sell for $65. Beer, Ferment, Distill sells for $60. Original Homebrew Outlet used to sell for $45 (re-sale from Chi Company stock, I suspect), but they ran out of them at that price right as ChiCo ran out of pallet quantities again... prices are now $55, and availability is very sporadic. All these prices are plus 7.5% tax and at least an hour drive for me (except the nearest Brewmeister, which is 40 minutes away).

I've had a HeyCraig and a List-Alert set up for every keyword I can imagine for cornys for over 6 months now. On the rare occasion that I get an alert, they're either scrap kegs or $50+ (and gone within an hour). I've only managed to score 2 through Sacramento CL; they were fairly beat up, very dirty, had bad poppets, and his phone was still ringing off the hook at $50 ea.

I've paid $49 shipped to northern CA during Northern's Black Friday sale ($25 each), and I had to have friends let me ship them to their houses because of the limit 2.

I'm in the market for another half-dozen soon... and I'm fearing I won't be able to source them below $60 ea this time.

I just bought 7 more from McEver here in Fl pick them up over a long weekend trip with the wife $230.00 :p May not always ship but they had well over a thousand sitting wife and I got to pick through the ones with soda in them. Wish I had more $$ would have bought more.

Just caught an ad on my local Craigslist of a guy getting out of the hobby and selling off his corny kegs.

I got 7 five gal ball lock kegs for $100!

One is missing the lid, but other than that they're in great shape!

Just caught an ad on my local Craigslist of a guy getting out of the hobby and selling off his corny kegs.

I got 7 five gal ball lock kegs for $100!

One is missing the lid, but other than that they're in great shape!

HAHA you beat me to them lol. You showed up as I was texting him back and forth. I ended up getting 4 of the 3 gallons for 120 (will be using for soda so I can free up one of my other 5 gallon ones). 3 are in great shape and one I will be reconditioning.

I told him he could have gotten a lot more on the 5g ones. He has some NICE 10 gallon ones for $80 in mint condition. And a bunch of modified kegs.

Back