When I Can't Brew I...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3PegBrew

Reaction score
Decided to renovate the master bathroom. The moron who lived here before us had carpet installed in the bathroom. What an idiot. After living in the house now for8 months, I impulsively ripped up the carpet and padding. My wife has been complaining about her allergies since we moved in. Once the carpet was out of the bathroom, no more complaints.

Going to be installing a floating floor plan, cherry planks.

Here is what we are starting out with before laying down the floor plan. Yes, it is a huge bathroom. Highlight for my wife (well it takes second place after the master closet monster) and a keen selling point.

masterbath 2.jpg

masterbath 1.jpg

masterbath3.jpg

masterbath4.jpg

masterbath5.jpg

Who the F puts carpet in a bathroom? I mean, I like coming out of the shower onto a mat to keep my feet warm, but what if you have kids and the ding dongs let the toilet run over?

Thought you guys would like seeing a toilet in the shower. You can shower **** and drink beer in the shower now.

image-2122577224.jpg

image-3241028732.jpg

image-1463899995.jpg

image-1484122190.jpg

I've installed several of the laminate floors, but never in a wet location. I've heard you need to use the glue to seal all edges of the planks in order to prevent long term water damage. Is that an issue?

Been in a residential builder for 11yrs(until economic crash here in RI). I'd never install a wood product in a bathroom. Laminate or otherwise.

Well you would never put a toilet in the shower either. But hey....I did it.

I'll have to post up some pictures of the remodeling I did in my house when my wife and I bought it. When we bought the place it looked like 1981. Now it looks more like the 2010's. It's ridiculous the makeover this place got.

Latest posts

Back