What's your ride?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
El Pistolero said:
Nice ride Swami...how my GPM you figure on getting? :p

Well, it's probably got enough torque to take off in overdrive. The money that would save me on gas might justify replacing the clutch every other month.....

SwAMi75 said:
Very cool, Blighty! Bet you don't see too many of those over there.

Nice Road King, too, flhrpi. You'd never know it was a police bike! There's a pic of my little Harley on the first page, but it appears that the link died.....

Here we go:

973-bike.jpg

This was the day I brought it home a couple years ago.

We have absolutely thousands of Harley's over here, they're becoming quite popular - especially in the Southampton area on account of this place: www.dg20hd.com

I see like me, you also have a 100th anniversary bike. Very cool. I like the sportsters.

Hey Blighty how much riding time do you get over there? I can't imagine that you can't get in too much seat time. I just turned over 60,000 on mine, between brewing and riding there is not much time for other things....

Right on Truble. I owned a couple '79 MG Midgets in my life. One when I was in college, and another one a couple years ago. Someday, when I have a three car garage, I'll be getting another MG. For the time being, I'm going to stick to driving the Z. Funny thing, the MG is more fun to drive than any other car I've ever owned... including the Z. But the Z has the benefit of being a little bit lower maintaniance than the MG. ;)

Here's my current work ride. I hate the duallys, they float and squirm on anything but dry pavement. I do love that turbo-diesel though, pulls a load hard, way into federal offence land...

truckasaurus.jpg

Chairman Cheyco said:
Hey Truble, that's a cool roto-tiller attachment for your MG! :)

Ha! yeah, and almost as many horsepower!. That was taken the spring that I moved into the new house, and there was much yardwork going on.

andre the giant said:
Right on Truble. I owned a couple '79 MG Midgets in my life. One when I was in college, and another one a couple years ago. Someday, when I have a three car garage, I'll be getting another MG. For the time being, I'm going to stick to driving the Z. Funny thing, the MG is more fun to drive than any other car I've ever owned... including the Z. But the Z has the benefit of being a little bit lower maintaniance than the MG. ;)

yeah. I spend a lot of time on "maintenance". It definitely fun, though-corners great, has a ton of torque relative to overall weight and engine size. Not a highway car, as it winds out in the 70-78MPH range, but it is great on the winding old roads around my town.

flhrpi said:
Hey Blighty how much riding time do you get over there? I can't imagine that you can't get in too much seat time. I just turned over 60,000 on mine, between brewing and riding there is not much time for other things....

Not enough. The weather is pretty crap, and since it is such a PITA to clean, I have become a fair weather rider. Also, they salt the roads during the winter, so that's a definite cruise killer!

I also own a Buell Lightning, which I use for the commute to work...in all weathers!

No pics - but they wouldn't be worth posting anyway. I drive a moderately beat-up '95 Ford F-150. Almost 200,000 miles. Plenty of dents/dings/scratches etc. Dirty inside and out - I only wash it about once a year.

The beauty of it is that it's been paid off for years and the only money I've put into it are tires, oil changes, and a pan gasket replacement. (I did have to cut out the catlytic converter, but I did that work myself so it was free. :p ) I've come close to replacing it lots of times but then I look at it think about what a good truck it's been and how I don't have a car payment. I'll probably just run her into the ground . . .

At 200,000 miles, sounds to me you are well on your way to running it into the ground! You're right not to get rid of it, sounds like a good dependable truck.

olllllo said:
Sweet!
I love my 03 Rubi.

I already wanna lift it. I think I'm going to forego the Budget Boost this time and do an OME spring lift--that way I can keep close to the stock ride. This baby rides much better than my old X. Night and day.

Are you ready for this badass ride????

I drive a 96 Mazda Protege:rockin:

It's a hand me down from my wife after she got a new car.....160,000 miles, with a big dent in it where my wife backed our other car into it.

Plus, the check engine light is on because the catalytic converter has a hole in it. I'm too cheap to fix it.

Yeah, I get all the chicks.

Dude,

Just put new tires on my wife's Wrangler yesterday and 2 of the old tires are in good shape... they're factory upgrades (225/75R15s). If you know anyone that wants them, they can have them. We went with slightly larger tires this time so there's really no reason for us to keep them.

Dude said:
I already wanna lift it. I think I'm going to forego the Budget Boost this time and do an OME spring lift--that way I can keep close to the stock ride. This baby rides much better than my old X. Night and day.

I upgraded from a 91 Wrangler and initially I had that urge too, but the ride is so much better and quite frankly, I haven't run into a situation where I really needed it. (Still want though) I do some rock crawling, but it is normally a means to get to point B. I love hiking and Backpacking in the desert.

Love my Jeep, but it's starting to get expensive to drive it the 50 mile round-trip to work each day (75 miles when I have class, and that's twice a week). $3.17 for gas is KILLING me. I'm starting to fantasize about a hybrid Civic.

Cheesefood said:
Love my Jeep, but it's starting to get expensive to drive it the 50 mile round-trip to work each day (75 miles when I have class, and that's twice a week). $3.17 for gas is KILLING me. I'm starting to fantasize about a hybrid Civic.

You better hurry up and finish that MBA so that you can afford to maintain that jeep:D

Fatabbot said:
Great looking 'Stang. What year?

Its an 89 with an honest 74K miles on it.

Yes 74K.

I have done a bit of work on it (heads, headers, intake etc) but I am putting all my real money into a stroked 351W that I have taken out to 408 and will be running a Weiland blower on.

I have yet to decide what car to buy to put it in, I am currently looking for a good choice and have narrowed it down to a 68-71 Cougar I think. But then, I change my mind quite often so you never know what it might turn out to be.

I will try to post some pics when the motor is more complete.

I intend it to have a high RIF (Ricer Intimidation Factor).

Cheers,

knewshound

Nice beamer! i was beginning to think this forum was taken over by a Jeep forum...here's my LAME truck...(its not my dream machine, but it gets me from point a to point b and the stereo and a/c work so im happy)

ps this isnt actaully mine, but its the same color and year, i dont actually have a picture of my truck (why would i?)

This isn't my car specific (no pic handy) but the exact model/color less the top rack. 89 325ix (4 wheel drive). Great in snow when I lived in it! Have a Jetta and Tribute for daily use. This is my "paid for toy". Bugger rides kind of stiff until you get past 80 then it's smooth sailing.

2.jpg

Cheesefood said:
Ready for some action? Jump in my car.

I can't believe I just watched that whole vid. I guess I was expecting some lesbian love somewhere in that. Man, that was bad. Is there a German version with Dirk?

Back