What's your ride?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know we have a few Jeepers in here....

Here is mine:

Last fall, BRAND NEW...only a few hours old :) 2004 Jeep Wrangler "X"

new.jpg

Here it is NOW! :D

now.jpg

My first Jeep...wish I never would have sold it.... 1999 Jeep Wrangler SE

goldeneagle.jpg

000_0190.sized.jpg

Thats my 96 avenger that I've put alot of time n money in....Presently in the garage awaiting warmer and dryer weather

Below is my favorite summer toy...Cant wait to get this out
IMG_0349.sized.jpg

Not pictured is my 95 sonoma.... Nothing fancy, and has a little rust but I couldnt get by without my truck....I have some good muddy pics I might scan later if i can find them :)

:D This is my 100th post
banana.gif
occasion14.gif

Here's my heep. I just ordered some rockers from AtoZ and should have them on here in a week or 2. Jeeping and brewing, getting a little pricey........Oh well.
seat1.jpg

led2.jpg

river rat said:
Here's my heep. I just ordered some rockers from AtoZ and should have them on here in a week or 2. Jeeping and brewing, getting a little pricey........Oh well.
LOL...I thought I recognized your name...are you the guy on JF with the "no doors, no cruise, no a/c, get the picture?" signature? I always found that hilarious.....sums up most jeepers.
Even the decked out top of the line Rubicon has nothing fancy regarding style. Its all about off-roading.
Definitely have to be of a slightly different breed to own a Jeep, huh?

Yep, this brewing thing has certainly slowed down my Jeep habit.

BTW, nice flushmounts and corner guards, that looks sweet!

You have to post them as attachments, at the bottom of the page...I'm not sure evryone can do it, though, as there's been some server issues.

ORRELSE said:
HOLY CRAP. Nice rig!
How do you afford to brew? :D :p
I do most of the work myself, I'm 40 yrs old in a steady and stable job, and my wife works. Brewing doesn't cost much, after the initial cost of equipment. That jeep, and the wife's jeep cost. Mines sitting broke in the driveway, waiting for me to get time and $$$ to weld up the rear axle housing, or replace it.

My Jeep is way under-dressed. 2003 Wrangler X, no mods other than a Bestop soft-top I bought this summer. I'd post it, but it'd feel inadequate.

Cheesefood said:
My Jeep is way under-dressed. 2003 Wrangler X, no mods other than a Bestop soft-top I bought this summer. I'd post it, but it'd feel inadequate.
Don't, everyone starts off somewhere, and every jeep is different. I miss being able to drive mine to work. But it doesn't handle highway driving very well. I've thought about getting another one, just to drive around, but I know me, couple years I'll be looking at upgrading it too. LOL

I agree--don't be self conscious about it. I've learned that what I like on my Jeep isn't the fancy of everyone else. I've seen some really ugly crap on other people's rigs that I absolutely hate. Its just like beer. We all have different tastes.
The goal with my Jeep is to get it just good enough to get by when I run trails. I don't need anything hard core but I want to be able to do most intermediate obstacles. I don't have lockers (I want an ARB, BAD...) but I have upgraded some skid plates and I have a 2 inch lift that is enough to not make it a beeyotch to drive.
For me, its mostly about riding with the top down and being outside. I'm married, so being cool is out of the question for me anymore. :p :D

ORRELSE said:
I agree--don't be self conscious about it. I've learned that what I like on my Jeep isn't the fancy of everyone else. I've seen some really ugly crap on other people's rigs that I absolutely hate. Its just like beer. We all have different tastes.
The goal with my Jeep is to get it just good enough to get by when I run trails. I don't need anything hard core but I want to be able to do most intermediate obstacles. I don't have lockers (I want an ARB, BAD...) but I have upgraded some skid plates and I have a 2 inch lift that is enough to not make it a beeyotch to drive.
For me, its mostly about riding with the top down and being outside. I'm married, so being cool is out of the question for me anymore. :p :D

Married with a kid on the way. My Jeeping days are numbered! :(

I live in Illinois. It's flat here. No use for rock-crawling equipment when there aren't any rocks for a good 500 miles. I just like having a 4x4 for winter and a convertible for summer.

You know, I don't ever recall it raining all summerlong until i bought my Jeep in 2000. I've brewed more beers this year than there've been days I've had the doors off. (Note: I've only brewed three times.) It stinks and I don't like it.

gaelone said:
You know, I don't ever recall it raining all summerlong until i bought my Jeep in 2000. I've brewed more beers this year than there've been days I've had the doors off. (Note: I've only brewed three times.) It stinks and I don't like it.
I had that problem when I moved from CA to NC, now I don't let it bother me, nothing inside my jeep that water will hurt.

Sorry fellas not pics right now but I have a 92 Wrangler with a 2 1/2 inch Rancho lift and 32 inch BFG tires. It's sitting outside in the parking lot with a Bikini top and steel 1/2 doors that don't match the Jeep. (I got them for free in Hawaii so what the heck.) I am the one an only owner and have put all 116,000 miles on it. It really needs some paint on it though. No A/C, No Cruise, No Problem. I don't do much trail riding these days though.
I also have a 2000 Harley-Davidson Supergluide. Which is great but riding at 70 MPH when its a 100 degrees outside has a tendency to make you into beef jerky.
My old man owns a saw mill in Southern Illinois and I have a full wood shop in the garage. I have been woodworking for about 20 years. So if any of you guys want custom made crates for bottles or carboys I'm your man.
I have been brewing for about 14 years. I am all about the beer and not keeping records so I have no idea how many batches I have brewed over the years. I would venture a guess that it is between 100 and 150 at this point. I brew alot and amazingly it all disappears. I have also recruited about 20 homebrewer over the years.

Just to throw my ride onto the thread... The source of my name ;-)

I just wish I could drive it to work more... But 45 miles each way and 2.89/gallon for diesel, it just doesn't happen very often...

dually_brew.gif

Not a Jeep, or even a Daimler-Chrysler product like everything else in this thread, but when I get it running, it should get up and go.

normal_IM007827_%28Medium%29.JPG

normal_fd580489.jpg

Ford Ranger. (V10-2) :D

Here's my ride...

'04 Nissan 350Z

1324-AKCz.JPG

And here's my wife's ride...

'01 Nissan Xterra
1324-Xterra1.jpg

We like to trade with each other often so we don't rack up too many speeding tickets and lose our licenses.

Kevin.....is that a 5.0 or a 4.6? Either way, it should boogie!

Andre.....I'm really liking the new 350. I bet they're a blast to drive.

We bought a little beater Saturn for my wife to drive. Gets great mileage, and is actually fun to drive. I have a feeling that I'm going to have to either ride my bike more often, or borrow the Saturn to keep the fuel bills down. :D

Sorry, no Jeep. I had a 2002 s-10 zr2 until december when some @ss ran a stop sign in the snow and totaled me. Now I drive a 2001 BMW 330i.

My fun ride is this-my 1977 MG Midget
midget01.jpg

I use to have a Toyota Land Cruiser when I lived in Kentucky, great areas up there. Now I just have my therapist:
1332-P1010045.JPG

SwAMi75 said:
Kevin.....is that a 5.0 or a 4.6? Either way, it should boogie!

It's a 5.0 shortblock from an 87 Crown Vic, Mustang heads (ported), cam, upper intake & throttle body, headers etc. Basically a mildly tweaked mustang motor.

Should be fun. :)

Very cool, Blighty! Bet you don't see too many of those over there.

Nice Road King, too, flhrpi. You'd never know it was a police bike! There's a pic of my little Harley on the first page, but it appears that the link died.....

Here we go:

973-bike.jpg

This was the day I brought it home a couple years ago.

Back