What's your favorite recipe?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael_Currie

Reaction score
Mine so far is a Munich style Lager I found locally. I've brewed several batches and each turn out more tasty each time.

It's a recipe that Rich came up with together with the brewer at Rock Bottom in Scottsdale. They brewed up a batch earlier this year for the restaurant, and Rich has got some going now in a fermenter in the beer fridge. RB stands for both Rock Bottom and Rich Brady. Excellent.

Of the beers I have made to date, my pumpkin porter turned out the best. Otto's Octoberfest is a close second. I hope my Christmas Ale beats both of them!

sweepking said:
Of the beers I have made to date, my pumpkin porter turned out the best. Otto's Octoberfest is a close second. I hope my Christmas Ale beats both of them!
I live in Eastern Washington and like most people from this area. I like a hoppy IPA. Two weeks ago I brewed a nice IPA and even dry hopped it but wasn't quite satisfied with the hoppieness. Any real hoppy IPA recipies out there?

I made an IPA with Amarillo hops that was excellent. If you haven't tried them they are like a super cascade. My hop bill was as follows

For 10 gallons (cut in half for 5)

Columbus 2 oz 60 min
Amarillo 1 oz 30 min
Amarillo 1 oz 25 min
Amarillo 1 oz 20 min
Amarillo 1 oz 15 min
Amarillo 1 oz 10 min
Amarillo 1 oz 5 min
Amarillo 1 oz 0 min (steep off of the heat)
Amarillo 2 oz dry hop in secondary for 2 weeks.

Use your favorite grains/extract to make a beer or see below:

I reccomend using (for 10 gallons, use 1/2 for 5)

1.5 lb vienna malt
1.5 lb munich malt
2 lbs crystal
22 lbs 2 row barley or equivelent malt extract (16 lbs or so)

Use either california ale or Irish ale yeast.

Nice and hoppy with a great flavor and aroma. A sure delight for any hop lover.

It looks good I think I will give it a try. Are Amarillo hops easy to find?

The Professor said:
I made an IPA with Amarillo hops that was excellent. If you haven't tried them they are like a super cascade. My hop bill was as follows

For 10 gallons (cut in half for 5)

Columbus 2 oz 60 min
Amarillo 1 oz 30 min
Amarillo 1 oz 25 min
Amarillo 1 oz 20 min
Amarillo 1 oz 15 min
Amarillo 1 oz 10 min
Amarillo 1 oz 5 min
Amarillo 1 oz 0 min (steep off of the heat)
Amarillo 2 oz dry hop in secondary for 2 weeks.

Use your favorite grains/extract to make a beer or see below:

I reccomend using (for 10 gallons, use 1/2 for 5)

1.5 lb vienna malt
1.5 lb munich malt
2 lbs crystal
22 lbs 2 row barley or equivelent malt extract (16 lbs or so)

Use either california ale or Irish ale yeast.

Nice and hoppy with a great flavor and aroma. I sure delight for any hop lover.

We just got them at our homebrew shop this summer. You can usually buy a pound of them on Ebay for about 12-15 dollars. If not then maybe use half cascade and half northern brewer.

mmmmm.....hops

The Professor said:
We just got them at our homebrew shop this summer. You can usually buy a pound of them on Ebay for about 12-15 dollars. If not then maybe use half cascade and half northern brewer.

mmmmm.....hops
I grew cascades last summer but I was working on a masters and didn't worry about taking care of them. This summer I will preserve enough to last a years worth of brewing. I am planning to plant another variety this spring. Haven't decided what to plant yet. But I do like hoppy beer and I want to plant something that has proven to do well in my area. Maybe I will try to find some northern brewer.

Michael_Currie said:
Mine so far is a Munich style Lager I found locally. I've brewed several batches and each turn out more tasty each time.

I make a rasberry flavored belgian wit using a lactic mash and 2 lbs of frozen rasberries every summer and it is about my favorite. :D

amber ale-11. lbs 2row,1.5lbs of 120 crstal ,6 oz cara-pils, bitter w/ no brewer,williamette to flaver, cascade for aroma, 38 ibu try to get half of them from the cascade,wlp001or wyeast 1056

Back