Quantcast

What's your favorite recipe?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Michael_Currie

Active Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Mine so far is a Munich style Lager I found locally. I've brewed several batches and each turn out more tasty each time.
 

richanne

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2004
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix, AZ
It's a recipe that Rich came up with together with the brewer at Rock Bottom in Scottsdale. They brewed up a batch earlier this year for the restaurant, and Rich has got some going now in a fermenter in the beer fridge. RB stands for both Rock Bottom and Rich Brady. Excellent.
 

sweepking

Active Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
37
Reaction score
0
Of the beers I have made to date, my pumpkin porter turned out the best. Otto's Octoberfest is a close second. I hope my Christmas Ale beats both of them!
 

rdlamb2

Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
sweepking said:
Of the beers I have made to date, my pumpkin porter turned out the best. Otto's Octoberfest is a close second. I hope my Christmas Ale beats both of them!
I live in Eastern Washington and like most people from this area. I like a hoppy IPA. Two weeks ago I brewed a nice IPA and even dry hopped it but wasn't quite satisfied with the hoppieness. Any real hoppy IPA recipies out there?
 

The Professor

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Location
West Jordan, UT
I made an IPA with Amarillo hops that was excellent. If you haven't tried them they are like a super cascade. My hop bill was as follows

For 10 gallons (cut in half for 5)

Columbus 2 oz 60 min
Amarillo 1 oz 30 min
Amarillo 1 oz 25 min
Amarillo 1 oz 20 min
Amarillo 1 oz 15 min
Amarillo 1 oz 10 min
Amarillo 1 oz 5 min
Amarillo 1 oz 0 min (steep off of the heat)
Amarillo 2 oz dry hop in secondary for 2 weeks.

Use your favorite grains/extract to make a beer or see below:

I reccomend using (for 10 gallons, use 1/2 for 5)

1.5 lb vienna malt
1.5 lb munich malt
2 lbs crystal
22 lbs 2 row barley or equivelent malt extract (16 lbs or so)

Use either california ale or Irish ale yeast.

Nice and hoppy with a great flavor and aroma. A sure delight for any hop lover.
 

rdlamb2

Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
It looks good I think I will give it a try. Are Amarillo hops easy to find?

The Professor said:
I made an IPA with Amarillo hops that was excellent. If you haven't tried them they are like a super cascade. My hop bill was as follows

For 10 gallons (cut in half for 5)

Columbus 2 oz 60 min
Amarillo 1 oz 30 min
Amarillo 1 oz 25 min
Amarillo 1 oz 20 min
Amarillo 1 oz 15 min
Amarillo 1 oz 10 min
Amarillo 1 oz 5 min
Amarillo 1 oz 0 min (steep off of the heat)
Amarillo 2 oz dry hop in secondary for 2 weeks.

Use your favorite grains/extract to make a beer or see below:

I reccomend using (for 10 gallons, use 1/2 for 5)

1.5 lb vienna malt
1.5 lb munich malt
2 lbs crystal
22 lbs 2 row barley or equivelent malt extract (16 lbs or so)

Use either california ale or Irish ale yeast.

Nice and hoppy with a great flavor and aroma. I sure delight for any hop lover.
 

The Professor

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Location
West Jordan, UT
We just got them at our homebrew shop this summer. You can usually buy a pound of them on Ebay for about 12-15 dollars. If not then maybe use half cascade and half northern brewer.

mmmmm.....hops
 

rdlamb2

Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
The Professor said:
We just got them at our homebrew shop this summer. You can usually buy a pound of them on Ebay for about 12-15 dollars. If not then maybe use half cascade and half northern brewer.

mmmmm.....hops
I grew cascades last summer but I was working on a masters and didn't worry about taking care of them. This summer I will preserve enough to last a years worth of brewing. I am planning to plant another variety this spring. Haven't decided what to plant yet. But I do like hoppy beer and I want to plant something that has proven to do well in my area. Maybe I will try to find some northern brewer.
 

beerdon110

Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Michael_Currie said:
Mine so far is a Munich style Lager I found locally. I've brewed several batches and each turn out more tasty each time.
I make a rasberry flavored belgian wit using a lactic mash and 2 lbs of frozen rasberries every summer and it is about my favorite. :D
 

grant

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2005
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
amber ale-11. lbs 2row,1.5lbs of 120 crstal ,6 oz cara-pils, bitter w/ no brewer,williamette to flaver, cascade for aroma, 38 ibu try to get half of them from the cascade,wlp001or wyeast 1056
 
Top