What's your favorite late night snack after having a few beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry, but this so-called California Burrito sounds disgusting.

seriously, San Diego, you can'T do better?

I'll admit to not reading this whole thread, but:

carne asada, potatoes, pico de gallo, & cheese in a tortilla doesn't sound good? hell it tastes good in Arizona.

I worked in a pizza place for a bit and learned how to make calzones. Now I make my own mini calzones at home. Its fairly easy, and you can freeze the dough. My fav home made calzone to date is my signature:

Pepperoni
salami
Italian sausage
black olives
artichoke
roasted garlic
provolone
mozzarella
topped with alfrado sauce

wrap that bad boy up and glaze with some galic butter and your good to go.

no one said it had to be healthy:rockin:

I know this place doesn't exist everywhere, but I can't believe I'm the first person to say WHITE CASTLE. Belly bombers are the ultimate drunken late night binge. 10 pack with chicken rings? can't go wrong there. or if there's no way anyones driving anywhere, tater tots (or any other fried potato) tossed with garlic powder, chili powder and onion powder laid out on a tray and topped with caned chili and ANY kind of cheese, and tons of it. I like to douse mine with franks red hot, too, then scoop some bleu cheese right on top....wow, I got wood.

We've got frozen Whities at the Walgreens out here. Buying a late night box every 2-3 years is just enough to remind me how truly disgusting they are.

I know this place doesn't exist everywhere, but I can't believe I'm the first person to say WHITE CASTLE.

I actually can't believe either that it took this long to mention WC.

Of course, I would rather eat the little box than the little burger, drunk, stoned, or otherwise, but I'm surprised this wasn't one of the first responses.

wings. the hotter the better :)

no breading, deep-fried until crunchy, tossed with butter and hot sauce (varies..)

i've also done the same thing with legs when they're fresh and on sale.. :)

I always crave spicy and fried. Wings, Jalapeno poppers, etc.
110652672_ef08b1db5e.jpg

mmmm....

You freakin' west cost people, I swear to god! California burrito, gimme a break.

What, not a single mention of buffalo wings? You gotta be kidding me? Wings! The hotter the better with lots of celery and blue cheese dressing!

You freakin' west cost people, I swear to god! California burrito, gimme a break.

What, not a single mention of buffalo wings? You gotta be kidding me? Wings! The hotter the better with lots of celery and blue cheese dressing!

Sorry dude. I don't get the wings thing. Lived on the east coast for a while within walking distance of supposedly a great wings place. Still don't get the wings infatuation. Not a ton of food or flavor for a lot of work and mess.

Shell peanuts. Goldfish.

When I was younger, the only late night snack: Suicide Wings. (After age 25 though, I did not do well the morning after.)

VApatriot: Look about 5 posts above yours...

Or on the first page. :)

I did some wings just the other night. For the Phils shellacking (;)) of the Rockies.

Sorry dude. I don't get the wings thing. Lived on the east coast for a while within walking distance of supposedly a great wings place. Still don't get the wings infatuation. Not a ton of food or flavor for a lot of work and mess.

I didnt get it for a while either but now I love the things! You're right, not a ton of food, but that's why you eat 12+ in a sitting. If you're not getting a lot of flavor, try a different sauce (or a different wing place) there have to be thousands of different sauces out there and most places usually have a good 10 or so variations. Dont like the mess? Go boneless! You can use a fork and not get your hands dirty.

To me, there isnt much better than a nice saucy, spicy wing dipped in Blu Cheese. Then when done, finish off the chunks of blu cheese with the sauce mixed in with it...mmm...I'm hungry!

That just means you haven't had the right wings. Years ago I used to be able to take or leave wings because they were just ok to me. That was until I actually had some good ones. Now I love wings but I am very particualar about them.

I'm going with SWMBO...best answer yet. Only problem is that sometimes the restaurant is closed and then I've got to find something in the fridge.

Being a New Mexican, I always get a hankerin' for Green Chile Cheese Fries. A little more difficult to get late at night in Colorado.

i'd go for chips or pizza. sometimes i'll throw a stake on the grill--doesn't matter what time of night or what time of year (as it can get pretty cold in winter in iowa). :D :mug:

Back