What's your dress code at work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dress code?

• Shirt & Tie / Suit

• Uniform

• Business Casual

• Casual

• Clothing Optional

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm an engineer. I get points for shaving or taking a shower. ;)

I work from home most of the time. When I do go in, it's funny because I work in a field office which is full of sales people who are dressed like, well, sales people. They look at me and right away ask what I am working on. They can tell I'm an engineer from my T-shirt and jeans.

Engineers are a different breed. I think we tend to ignore those that think they need to dress to impress. Most of the vendors visiting our office are wearing dockers and polo's these days. 10years ago the sales guys were all suits but that has changed.

Pretty casual clothing requirements here. No one seems to push clothing boundaries so regulations are not mentioned. I imagine they are codified somewhere but most employees would not be able to tell you what the rules are. Jeans or dockers and polo's or t-shirts are the norm.

Craig

I am kind of butting heads with my boss over this a little bit. I am a Harley-Davidson salesman, and I ride my bike to work nearly everyday. Most of my customers are professionals, or new to HD. I like to wear good boots, nice, sturdy khakis, and a Harley polo-type shirt. All of the sudden he started enforcing our "official" dress code. Jeans and a button down HD "mechanic" shirt. He doesn't even tuck it in.

I like looking semi-professional as a salesman, and I really don't feel that way in jeans and a square cut shirt. oh well..

Small software company...even the president wears shorts and a tshirt. I typically follow suit, opting for a polo now and then. The CTO and I frequently sport brewery-related shirts, leaning toward the hometown brewery of SN of course :rockin:.

BUNNY SUIT

No, not rabbit suit. Actually that was my last job but I thought it would be a funny reply for those not familiar with the term. It’s a cleanroom suit. Wore one just about every day for about 4 years. Today it’s just casual.

as a 1st grade teacher i usually wear kahkis, a button down and tie, but usually its pants and a button down/ polo. We do have a "jeans" day, but that requires donating to the charity of that day

Our dress code is no jeans and collared shirts. I think it is sad though. I work at a desk job and 20 years ago everyone here would have been in suit and ties. I just think it promotes a more professional and hard working atmosphere when you are dressed the part. I like to dress well, and where at least a sport coat every day. One day when I rule the world, dress codes will be better.

I am in the Military so I get to wear the same thing everyday, except on Monday when we get to wear our Blues (Dress Uniform). I have been trying to push for no-shave Mondays to improve the morale, I just get a shake of the head.

Back