What's your dress code at work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dress code?

• Shirt & Tie / Suit

• Uniform

• Business Casual

• Casual

• Clothing Optional

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just have to look presentable to other employees. We have a dress code, but it's pretty lax. Don't show up in shorts and a muscle shirt, but other than that just dress without making a social statement.

Casual, mostly. Most people wear comfortable shoes and jeans or khakis. Some of the higher ups wear suits and ties, and some of the "junior" staff wear shorts and t-shirts. The women tend to dress better than the men across the board.

If we're hosting clients, visiting clients, or presenting at a professional meeting, then its business dress, no exceptions.

It was nice out today, so cargo shorts and a polo with a fleece pullover to start the morning. I can get away with t-shirt and jeans/shorts as long as there isn't anything offensive on the shirt. I wear a ball-cap as well!

Work boots, jeans and a company-issued t-shirt in the summer, snowmobile boots, Carhartt bibs and a company-issued Carhartt coat in winter. Oh, and usually a hard hat. I hate them damned things...........

Damn Pseudo.... That's deep! :p

Let's see... For me... I went ahead and put "clothing optional" -- it's not exactly accurate, but it's close. The only 2 rules are -No profanity on the shirts and -Has to cover your t&a.

Me personally, usually shorts, a ratty t-shirt, and sandals. Now that it's colder, ratty pants, a thicker t-shirt, and sandals or shoes depending on precipitation.

What can I say, I like sandals a lot.

I work at home, full time telecommuter. Clothing optional and frequently minimal.

Whites Boots, Nomex/Kevlar Pants, duty t-shirt or nomex shirt while on fire. This in addition to a fire shelter, fire pack, first aid kit, drinking water, 24 hours of food, hard-hat, eye protection, ear protection, gloves, neck shroud, radio, radio bra, extra radio batteries, belt weather kit, GPS, compass. Remind me again why I do this when I could be wearing shorts & a t-shirt...

zac

1788_black_large.jpg

It's what I'm in roughly 3 hours per day. The other 5 or so are in sandles, shorts, and a shirt.

Flight suit on most days now, fortunately. Those are great. Other days, not so lucky. Think elastic bands that connect your shirt to your socks, keeping one tucked in and the other pulled up.

I'm an engineer. I get points for shaving or taking a shower. ;)

I work from home most of the time. When I do go in, it's funny because I work in a field office which is full of sales people who are dressed like, well, sales people. They look at me and right away ask what I am working on. They can tell I'm an engineer from my T-shirt and jeans.

Business casual. Khaki's with pockets all over the place are the bare minimum. Shirts have to have collars. Jeans on Fridays but shirts still have to have collars with the exception of team jerseys.

Uniform Polo Shirts with company logo. Black dockers and black leather shoes.
Can't forget the BLAMETAG.

Standard Management attire.

bleh.

Full-time telecommuter here as well- whatever tickles my fancy. For the ultimate in comfort, I wear my Utilikilt and a rugby jersey. Extra points for shaving. :D

Extra points for shaving. :D

Shav-huh? What's that?

n307400052_67092_442.jpg

I like my new routine - I shave twice a year, I trim up in the summer to get some off my cheeks, and I clean things up for Christmas when I visit the fam. :p

Now, about this telecommuting .... I've always wanted to get in on that. I hate driving to work. And getting dressed. Both of those.

Business casual.

Typically, I will wear black pants, golf shirt or button down shirt.

I do keep it classy and wear my Adidas Sambas some days. My boss's boss plays indoor soccer so he appreciates the kicks.

Work from home. Usually start out in boxer shorts getting paper work done. End up in jeans and a tee shirt.

Machinist. Those hot chip really burn on bare skin.
:D

Whatever when at home. Business casual in the office. Usually shirt and tie when I'm out covering a game (except for high schools, which I'm doing a lot of lately after doing none for 10 years).

Jeans and a collar shirt for me most times. Nothing fancy by any strech of the imagination. T-shirts and jeans everynow and then. I sit in an office but have to do warehouse work sometimes so just show up. and +1 on hating to shave I am not a fan.

SD

Pretty laid back.

Anything pretty much goes except shorts, unless you are a girl and then you can wear skirts so short you can almost see panties :mad:, and pajamas. Yes, some people have actuialy tried wearing their pajamas to work. :confused:

Of course, most of the women here might as well just come in their bra. Not complaining really, I just don't get it. If your gonna show half of your boobs in public, don't get upset when someone notices.

The only times I've had a dress-code at work was 5 years in the Navy and two years as a management trainee at Hughes Aircraft; both over 25 years ago.

Had an interview with Visa in the late '90's. They wanted me to wear a suit ... as a UNIX sys admin, who would be crawling around in the data center! Can we go SNORT?

Pretty laid back.

Anything pretty much goes except shorts, unless you are a girl and then you can wear skirts so short you can almost see panties :mad:, and pajamas. Yes, some people have actuialy tried wearing their pajamas to work. :confused:

Of course, most of the women here might as well just come in their bra. Not complaining really, I just don't get it. If your gonna show half of your boobs in public, don't get upset when someone notices.

They good looking women at least?

They good looking women at least?

Some are meh, others need to practice more conservative dress codes. That's the irony around here. The better shape we tend to be in the more conservative we dress. The worst shape the more that seems to show.

:confused:

We have a pretty casual office when we are in it; jeans and sneakers are okay, t-shirts and sandals are not. On the flip side we spend the majority of our time on the road at client sites and there we are usually in business suits.

It's very flexible at work because we are a research lab. The only time I am in my suit is when I have to present to sponsors, etc.

Business casual, with an occasional call for a blazer or even a suit. Jeans are good on Fridays. It's not as much a "code" as just what we do. One guy is in a suit and tie every day.

TL

Back