What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brew maybe once or twice a month. Some months I do not brew at all. As you can see i brew a lot of wilds and sours so they sit for a while until they are ready to drink. A few of those above I brewed in '13. Cant have too many sours. I give and share a lot of my homebrew to get rid of it and to get feedback. Also that is not on tap currently. :rockin:

On tap:
Pilsner
IBL
Gose
Hard cider

A pipeline to be envied. That's for sure! :mug:

I'm building a 3 tap keezer now and I aspire to rise to your level to build up my pipeline... ;)

10 gallons of Kolsch, going to transfer to 2ndary this weekend for 6-8 weeks lager.

Thawed out and tasted like flat beer. Several of the threads say it will be fine so I bottled. Should be delicious. Was extremely clear which is gonna be nice.

I would say fine as in not bad to drink. But def flat.

I hope you added some form of sugar for the yeast to eat or you're going to be drinking flat beer.

Got the cherry cyser kit from AIH and opened the package to make sure everything was in there to realize when you cut the top you also cut the pouch for the concentrate so I quick threw together the kit and it's fermenting nicely in my Fast Ferment

I would say fine as in not bad to drink. But def flat.

I hope you added some form of sugar for the yeast to eat or you're going to be drinking flat beer.

Yea, but won't be flat in 3 weeks or so. Standard bottling procedure. It's been many many many many batches ago since I forgot to add sugar at bottling time.

Wonder if it would crack or weaken my BB for the beer to freeze

Luckily mine didn't freeze solid or I would have lost the glass carboy for sure.
It only froze where the fermwrap didn't cover so the top 4" and down one side.

My dad has a kegerator with nothing but an empty half barrel in it, maybe ill just cold crash in that for 2-3 days

Been doing half batches and small batches in hopes of brewing more often this year. Right now fermenting is:
2.5 gal Pilsner
2.5 gal Wit
1 gal of what I am calling a Sour Wit

I've got a Scottish 80 Schilling Export sitting in my primary that was just brewed Saturday. OG is 1.043. I used Wyeast 1728 and was a bit worried that it wasn't showing much fermentation at 24-hours but shortly thereafter, BAM, that thing took off. I might need to add a blow-off tube.

Happy brewing, friends.

103.jpg

Sierra Nevada Torpedo Clone fermenting... I can't wait to try this one.

I need to get another 6.5 gallon bucket for my next batch... What to do next.... Hmmmmm

Right now I have
8 gallons of RIS
6 gallons of Black IPA
5.5 gallons of Belgian IPA
5 gallons of Sour Saison
5.5 gallons of Simcoe/Mosiac IPA
5 gallons of Sour Quad on tart cherries
6 gallons of White wine for my wife

Currently some trub and a nasty (beautiful??) kreusen ring...

5.5 gal of cream ale in the second

I only brew in the winter as I don't have temperature control for fermentation.

Bottled...
Irish Redish
Amber Light
American Brown
Summer Sultry Saison
Roasted Vanilla Stout
English Brown v4

Carboys...
English Brown v5
Hoppy Mirror Blonde
English Bitter
Vienna Lager

up next...
Irish Red
Summer Sultry Saison

Jami's Hefeweizen (again!)

This was my first time using a stir plate to make the starter. I had pretty significant activity in the beer 8 hours after pitching, and that was WITH some monkeying around with the temperature after chilling the wort too far. I think if I had chilled it to just a little below fermentation temp and stopped, it probably would have started up in 4-6 hours. Sweet!

Got 5 gal of a Smash using 12 lbs of Maris Otter and Willemette with Ringwood yeast. Should be interesting...

Slightly modified version of the Cooper's Hop Gobbler recipe (listed on the Cooper's site) made up to 23 litres.

5.5 gal "Flemish" Stout (sour bourbon barrel imperial oatmeal stout)
5 gal Turbid mashed Lamebic w/ Chardonnay oak
5 gal Old Ale w/ Brett C and Tawny Port oak
5.5 gal Flanders Red w/ Cabernet Sauvignon oak
5 gal Ordinary Bitter w/ Brett C
3 gal Wild (spontaneous ferment) Cider

In addition to the regular guys above,

-6 gallons the latest Bluebird Bitter clone to get bottled/casked next weekend
-10 gallons Scottish 60/-
-5.5 gallons Galaxy Rye American Pale Ale

Added 5.5 gallons of saison to my second fermenter. Just pitched rehydrated Belle Saison yeast. Can't wait to try this one!

Just noticed that my ESB finally settled the airlock center piece down in primary. Gotta get an FG sample, but since it's been some 3 weeks in this cold, it finally looks to be done. Gotta get the spring water for the yeast starter & get the kottbusser in the fermenter in a couple days.

Arrogant bastard clone and a yeti imperial stout clone which will be bottled later on today. Whoot building up that pipeline by the time this one is done carbing up the arrogant bastard will be ready to bottle

one is holding a Bombshell Blonde knockoff that's just about ready to be bottled and the other has an Irish Stout that I brewed to be ready for March

Finally got around to brewing again. New setup has some kinks (my efficiency was barely 50%), but my Russian Imperial ... slim ... is bubbling away happily at a cool 64 degrees.

I have 5 gal of a French Toast ale. 6 gal of a black ipa. 6 gal of a citrus - strawberry kolsch. Just open my finished single hopped galaxy ipa.

Back