what's everyone drinking for Turkey Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobeer

Fermentation Specalist
Reaction score
I always love planning out a few beers for the holidays. I'll have an APA and an oatmeal milk stout on tap, and I bottled some bombers of my imperial pumpkin ale.

What do you have on tap for Thanksgiving??

And as a bonus question... What are you planning for Christmas or late winter beer?
I'll probably brew my Xmas Cheer Beer. I have a black beer recipe I do sometimes or a cranberry scotch ale. Not sure which one I'll brew yet...
I haven't brewed my bourbon oak strong ale in a few years so I'm thinking about doing that for a late winter offering. I got a floor corker for Xmas last year I've yet to use!

Happy Turkey day to all who celebrate! :mug:

On Tap

"Fall Classic" Pumpkin Pie Spiced Ale 9.2% abv.
"Chets Christmas Ale" 8.0% abv.
"Sons of Pitches" IPA 7.5% abv.
"Voodoo" Chocolate Milk Stout 7.3% abv

Everything on tap is in my signature line, but we are also adding a few bottles of wine, some commercial cider, and some dessert port to go with the pumpkin pie.

I've got a spiced apple cider on tap for the wife, picked up a bottle of Autumn Maple from the Bruery for myself - we're cooking for her folks and mine, so I may need more.

Will be doing some traveling, so might have to fill a growler of homebrew and take a sixer of shiner holiday cheer. I've got a few bigger bottles I'd like to open in the evening.

Nothing is made, but I have been buying wheat and stouts. I'll probably pick up single bottles of stouts I haven't had along with a few bottles each of Weihenstephaner Vitus and Hefe Weissbier, probably some Duvel as well.

We'll planning on Deschutes Jubelale, Benedectine Brewery's Dark Night, and lots of good Willamette Valley Pinot Noir.

I've got some Imperial stout, some Dort Munder, some Mad Elf, and some
Sams Winter Lager. ... may not have room fer turkey ... :D ...:mug:

Oh yea, i forgot... i have dfh world wide stout and blue mountain dark hollow. Looking fwd to doing some drankin!

Just picked up my beergas tank at lunch, the final piece of my nitro tap setup and I have a keg of Yoopers Oatmeal Stout ready to go for tomorrow. Also Centennial Blonde, IPA, Rum Barrel Imperial Porter and some Apfelwine.
Bring on the turkey!

All homebrew:
Slopeside Vanilla Porter 5% ABV
Goddess Brew English Pale 5.5% ABV
Old 82 DIPA 8.2% ABV
Drunken Monk BDSA 11.3% ABV

Ready for Christmas:
Blonde Bombshell IPA 5.8% ABV
Stocking Stuffer Winter Ale 6.8% ABV

Still have a pumpkin ale on tap. Probably will tap a bitter. Have a couple dubbels still bottled. Bought a mixed six pack so I don't kick the pumpkin ale tonight. :)

I'm just hoping to get a stout brewed before Christmas. Also maybe a scotch ale or something. Otherwise I don't have anything going at the moment.

I have a honey brown ale I tapped last night. Nice clean and malty.

Scotch Ale and a Rye IPA on tap. I also like to do a sampling of a specific style by buying up everything in the mix a six cooler. Thanksgiving will be brown ales, Christmas will be stouts/porters. By splitting a beer between three or four people you get a chance to sample a bunch of beers without totally embarrassing yourself infront of your family.

Spiced fest Ale on tap along with some cider in bottles. I'm really not digging the spiced beer, unfortunately. Hoping my dad really likes it and I'll bottle most of it up for him. I picked up a couple of 6 packs of Real Ale's coffee porter for myself, but then I went and got a bottle Bulleit to go with pecan pie. I'm guessing I'll be switching to bourbon earlier rather than later. I also have bombers of 4 others beers for tasting if anyone is up to it.

Tap 1: BierMuncher's centennial blonde
Tap 2: Oatmeal stout
Cold crashing: Rye IIPA

In bottles for Christmas presents: Westy 12 clone. Based on periodic quality control assessments, I think this is going to be a good one.

Maple Nut Brown, Dunkelweizen, Cenntenial Blonde, Watermelon Hefe.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy the blessings of this day!

Had some of my rye saison while smoking the turkey, and wish I'd taken a growler to Nana's house. Uncle R plied me with a Blue Moon (why bother?) and now it's whiskey time

Deux Amis - Lost Abbey & Dupont collaboration American Saison. Brought to share, but the in-laws aren't really beer drinkers so I drank the bottle myself. Went really good with Thanksgiving dinner.

fullsizeoutput_7d85.jpg

Back