What will everyone be drinking July 4th???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voegeli51

Reaction score
Just thought I would see what everyone would be drinking this weekend. Whether it be homebrew, craft, or anything else. I myself will be enjoying some Tallgrass Ale, Schlafly mixed pack, and my own Raspberry Mocha Stout. I will be making a Beer float with the Stout, should be great. :mug::drunk::mug:

Hadn't really made any plans.....and so hard to choose.

In inventory I've got a bunch of:

Nut Brown Ale
Dunkelweiss
Imperial Stout
Alpha King clone
Hop Yard Ale
Lawnmower de Saison
Excelsior Altbier
Pyramid ESB
Hank's Hefeweizen

...there are four different things in primaries & secondaries, but nothing that may be consumed this weekend.

I have a total of 15 gallons (3 batches) that will be ready by then. I'll be bringing a wit, a tripel, and a strawberry blonde to our 4th party.

Rye Pale Ale, CAP, PBR, possibly some Turkey.

My wife's cousin is a brewer too, so we'll probably have some of his beers too.

I'll be celebrating Friday with some friends down in Monterey at our old favorite pub. Most likely drinking Guinness or Blacksmiths.

Well on the actual 4th, I'm going to a picnic with some friends and family so I probably won't really drink that much beer if any at all. But on July 5th I'm staying home and swimming and cooking out with my own nuclear family and I'm going to be drinking a Wit and a Bitburger clone that I love while eating lots of good food and watching the kids shoot fireworks and jump in the lake and stuff.

Totally unintended, but my Imperial Blonde is ready to drink on the 4th. I am calling it my 4th of July Imperial Blonde. I added some lemon zest at the end of the boil and am hoping it came out nice.

I'm thinking about trying my green chile blonde - it'll be two weeks in bottles on the 4th, and I'm having trouble waiting a full three weeks!

My amarillo IPA.

Rick - can you post or send me your recipe for this one?

Brown Ale, Vienna Lager, and an Amarillo/Simcoe Pale Ale at my buddies pig pickin'. I helped brew them all, so I'm looking forward to trying them all. Repeatedly.

I'll be kicking back Pliny (and other Russian River goodies) at the source in Santa Rosa. Heading out to sunny CA for the weekend to catch the MotoGP races. May try to squeak in a 21st Amendment stop too...

I'm thinking about trying my green chile blonde - it'll be two weeks in bottles on the 4th, and I'm having trouble waiting a full three weeks!

Rick - can you post or send me your recipe for this one?

It's TheJadedDog's recipe, in the India Pale Ale section of the recipe forum. I followed the recipe as-is, except added one ounce of amarillo as a dry hop for 14 days, and used cultured yeast from Bell's Two-Hearted ale (Wyeast 1272 would be a good sub for that).

I've got Apfelwein, Cream Ale, Amarillo APA, Half Pound IPA (8 oz of hops in 5 gal :)), and dry stout of my own making, a case of SA and a case of SNPA in the fridge, and whatever anyone else brings. Oh yeah, I'll also have about a 120 friends over to help me out.

I have 5gal eds haus pale ale variation , and 5 gal Apfelwein variation and many bottles from all my previous batches all saving for the 4th!
and probably lots of budweiser too... if you cant beat um join um.

Happy 4th everyone.

Just water the night of. Will be taking the yungins to see the fireworks and driving everyone back home. So, I'll be the designated sober person. Outside that, I plan to get completely trashed and run a 300 pound lawn aerator. ;)

Should prove interesting.

I'll be hitting the kegs of American Wheat, American Ale, Amber Ale and Weissenbock, plus I'm thinking of picking up some store-bought craft brew goodies.

I will have some plain ole Bud in the can for guests who like that.

Probably have Margarita's for the Ladies, if they request them.

:mug:

I made an unemployment beer for a fellow homebrewer which I will be drinking
myself thanks to Chrysler.:mug:
Most of our Mexican supply plants have shut down.

Cheers and have a great holiday,
ClaudiusB

We will be enjoying AHS Bavarian Hefe that just finished carbing and nice smooth ice cold tap water (but just to combat the 103 degree heat)

Oh man, I am going to be in a dry county in Alabama. I guess I will have to bring some beer with me or bring some liquor to spike my iced tea.

Going camping on the beach, don't have the time or motivation to bottle up too much homebrew. I might bring a growler of bohemian lager that's just about ready, but otherwise it's going to be SN harvest and summerfest

My honey weizen was strategically timed to be cracked open this weekend. mmmmmm

I will be drinking a pale ale based on my blond ale but with more hops, also available for consumption will be a brown ale, and also some makers mark!

I will be drinking the father-in-law's pale ale and IPA. I also sent 6 of my pale ale up to Wisconsin with him, so it will be waiting on me.

We've got a bit of heat coming in and my summer ale is out. Widmer is putting their hefewiezen in 5L mini-kegs, maybe I'll snag one of those. Or get a growler of Perrydale over at Golden Valley.

Back