New Brewer Washington State

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopkinsbrett

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I live in Washington State near Olympia on a 7 acre family farm. I stumbled on making alcohol on accident. Somoene was telling me about Nocino, made from green walnuts and everclear with some cinnamon and cloves. Anyways, got that going and stumbled on Blackberry wine, why not? Tons of blackberries on our property, so I made a gallon of that, well, more blackberries? I ended up making 4 gallons of blackberry wine. The Nocino will be ready by Christmas, the Wine will be ready in ~17 months.

We have an apple tree, so was going to make some cider but the deers beat me to it. So, I stumbled on beer brewing. Im relatively new to drinking. Never really enjoyed it from 21-37. I drank a lot as a teen but never liked the taste. Recently got into whiskeys and now beers. So I decided to brew some beers.

I bought a couple extract kits and this weekend I did a 5 gallon batch of Irish Red Ale, and a 5 gallon batch of Dry Irish Stout, both are in the closet and I can't wait to try them :)

I am also very interested in growing hops, I have an acre I could dedicate to it, and would be nice added income and I could use them in my own beers. Really interested in wet hop IPA's, I tried one this weekend that I thought tasted great, and might hit up a fresh beer festival this Saturday :)

Anyways, glad to be here.

Attachments

• Red  Ale .jpg
    Red Ale .jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 0
Welcome to HBT!

Lots of folks here to share their brewed creations, through the pages I mean.

Looks like you're off to good start. I have no idea how brews many brews I have made, but it's a bunch.

Happy brewing!

Latest posts

Back