What to do with these French Aramis hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDevlin75

Reaction score
Salutations!

I had ordered the Mosaic IPA kit from NB a few weeks back. But upon opening the box, I saw that instead of 6 oz of Mosaic, there was 6 oz of French Aramis hops! NB corrected the mistake and sent me the Mosaic, but now I'm wondering what to do with the Aramis?

Anybody have any experience with these hops, or can recommend a good recipe to use these in? I'm thinking maybe a saison?

Thanks!
-Pete

Yeah, I was figuring a saison would be the obvious choice. Not sure what other hops (if any) to work with, what aramis plays well with, or a good hop schedule for them.

I'd use them anywhere noble hops are called for. They're noted to be very similar to Strisselspalt. So use them in lager/kolsch/pilsners/saison/hefeweizen. Or you can give them to me :)

I agree with saltymirv they work anywhere noble hops are called for. I did an Aramis SMaSH, and used too much Aramis. It had a very strong Earl Grey tea flavor with the bergamot type flavor being right up front.

Back