What to do next...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARV9673

Reaction score
I've got my first batch bottled (William's American Ale) and I need to do another. I think I'm addicted. I was thinking a stout. If I did one now and could hold off on it, it would be about perfect for Christmas/New Years, no? Are there any suggestions? I would like to stick with the extract for awhile 'til I get the process down a little bit more. And I may always; definitely while we're in the 3rd floor apt. we're in now. I saw Williams has a double stout that looks tasty. Are there differences doing a stout rather than a "regular" ale?

I just bottled a cream milk stout. I have not tried it yet. I wanted to let set a few weeks more before I tried it. The cream stout is considered an after dinner stout. A little sweeter and more creamy than a traditional stout. I cant wait to try it....:ban:

I just brewed a double chocolate stout for my holiday beer. I think I might brew again in a month or so now that I have 2 primary and 2 secondary fermenters. Just have to buy some more bottles. It's nice to always have plenty of beer on hand.

Dan

I'm about to try the AHS Newcastle clone, after that I'm doing their chocolate porter and thinking about adding rasberry in hopes that it'll be ready sometime in January (I may give some as Christmas gifts and warn people not to drink them yet).

There shouldn't be any difference between brewing a "regular" ale and brewing a stout, although it might take longer to condition.

I'm having a hard time deciding too. I've got three brews in various stages of processing. Both of my primaries and one of my secondaries is tied up, but I'll be bottling my first batch and moving my second to secondary this weekend, so that will free up a primary.

I've got an ESB, an American Amber, and a Kölsch right now (or maybe I should say I have three homebrews based on the styles of ESB, Amber, and Kölsch, since I doubt any of my first efforts are likely to nail the style exactly.)

I know I don't catre much IPA's, in general. Nor am I a big fan of Porter's. I'd love to try a lager, but I don't have the cool fermentation setup for it. I like Fuller's 1845, so maybe an Old Ale style would work.

No differences and the Williams Double is good. A double might take a little longer to ferment, I don't remember if that was the case.

Back