candi syrup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoochin'Fool

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a bag of d-90 and a d-180 candi syrup, that I thought I was going to use to take a stab at a belgian dark strong ale, but after trying a well-regarded commercial beer (St Bernardus abt 12), realized wasn't really the sort of thing I was hoping to make. And now that I think back on past tastings of other belgian ales, I was never actually that big of a fan of how fruity and funky many of them tend to be.

So anyways, I need suggestions on what to do with these candi syrups! All I'm coming up with is to basically hide them in an imperial stout. Candisyrup.com has some recipes, including one for a russian imperial, but it's using a whole pound of special B, and I noped out when I saw that.

If sours are out then maybe a (sweet, oatmeal, regular, etc...) stout... doesn't have to be Imperial.

British beers use invert sugars so perhaps a hybrid bitter or brown.

Doesn't have to comply to style guidelines just use your best judgement on what you believe will go best with it.

Even a simple beer like 8 - 9 lbs pilsner, 1 lb Candi Syrup, .6 - .7 bu:gu ratio, will suffice (5 gal).

Back