what to do, bottle or no? another newbie ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamopie2

Reaction score
My first batch has been in the primary for the past 11 days. The FG has been 1.022 today and a couple days ago, and am not seeing any more actovoty in the blow off tube.

It is a Brewers best Dunkelweizen. OG was 1.053 temp corrected. (recipe says 1.050-1.060)

The FG is supposed to be 1.010 - 1.014 but is stuck at 1.022. I used WLP380 hefe IV yeast instead of the kit stuff.

Should i bottle it or wait it out, or pitch the dry yeast that came with it? I don't want bottle bombs, but dont see it dropping anymore.

Thanks.

What temp is it at now? If the temp is low you might raise it up a few degrees to see if it takes off.

Might also give the carboy a GENTLE swirl to get some of the yeast in the bottom stirred up.

You're far enough along that you can probably swap out the blowoff tube for an airlock now as well.

+1 I would try the method as mentioned in the 2nd post. It can only help. Yeast can only ferment fermentables and so this may have bumped up the finished gravity.

It is currently sitting at 69. I put a blanket around it to warm it up and bumped up the thermostat a few degrees in the apartment

69 is fine. Don't go higher than 70F as the yeast would be quite happy with that.

Latest posts

Back