What the heck fun facts.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap .That is so funny.Totally forgot that song.Maybe it should have stayed that way.:cross:

Rubbing alcohol burns on a cut due to the alcohol lowering the temperature threshold of certain receptors, hence, your own body heat causing a burning sensation in the cut.

I forget when or where I learned that, but it came back to be today when I ran an alcohol swap past a cut on my finger.

Approves.

EBN-OZN%20-%20AEIOU%20Sometimes%20Y%20[12-inch%20single].jpg

Great I have that song in my head now

O.M.G ! I finally listened to that song for the first time in decades.That shizt is horrible . Why? Oh why!?

Al Sleet.The hippy dippy weatherman.Sunny today followed by mostly dark tonight. Not to be confused with Al Pouch the hippy dippy postman.

The guy who hosts the Saturday morning surf rock/ rockabilly show on the local college station always throws that in to his weather reports. "Tonight, cloudy, cool, 30% chance of showers, 100% chance of dark."

A day on Venus is longer than its year. It takes longer to spin on its own axis (243 earth days) than to orbit the sun (224.7 earth days).
Is this a fun fact? It is to me.

I love space facts. :) Did you know that Jupiter weighs more than all the other planets in the solar system combined? Jupiter is so massive that the point about which it orbits the sun (their "barycenter") is actually above the surface of the sun. That means that, in a way, the sun is actually orbiting Jupiter a little bit. Jupiter has 63 known moons.

The largest star known to man is UY Scuti, a red supergiant that is so massive that if it were sitting where our sun is, it would engulf all the inner planets of our solar system out past Jupiter.

It takes 9 minutes for the sun's light to reach the earth. There's ice on Mercury. Keep 'em coming!

Since its discovery in 1930, Pluto has completed about 1/3 of a single orbit around the sun.

There is a group called The Procrastinator's Club Of America. They have a monthly publication called "Last Month's Newsletter."

A day on Venus is longer than its year. It takes longer to spin on its own axis (243 earth days) than to orbit the sun (224.7 earth days).
Is this a fun fact? It is to me.

So if you found a temperate zone near Venus's equator and could travel about 100 miles per Earth day counter the planetary rotation you could live there? Or less of a distance closer to the poles if the orientation is right.

So if you found a temperate zone near Venus's equator and could travel about 100 miles per Earth day counter the planetary rotation you could live there? Or less of a distance closer to the poles if the orientation is right.

If you could deal with the pressure and the Sulfuric Acid rain. And also if by temperate you mean like 900*F.

Guess I should have checked dark side surface temperature first. Whoops!

From the Wikipedia:

The surface of Venus is effectively isothermal; it retains a constant temperature not only between day and night but between the equator and the poles. The planet's minute axial tilt—less than 3°, compared to 23° on Earth—also minimizes seasonal temperature variation. The only appreciable variation in temperature occurs with altitude. The highest point on Venus, Maxwell Montes, is therefore the coolest point on the planet, with a temperature of about 655 K (380 °C) and an atmospheric pressure of about 4.5 MPa (45 bar).

From the Wikipedia:

The surface of Venus is effectively isothermal; it retains a constant temperature not only between day and night but between the equator and the poles. The planet's minute axial tilt—less than 3°, compared to 23° on Earth—also minimizes seasonal temperature variation. The only appreciable variation in temperature occurs with altitude. The highest point on Venus, Maxwell Montes, is therefore the coolest point on the planet, with a temperature of about 655 K (380 °C) and an atmospheric pressure of about 4.5 MPa (45 bar).

Apparently I don't internet well. With a cursory check I could avoided showing my ignorance. I am a little less ignorant now for having read these posts.��

Thanks and cheers!

See??? That's what I want to make! (See my thread in the cooking section about home-made malted milk balls.)

Color doesn't exist. What we perceive as red and green is due to our brains assigning that color to a particular wavelength of light.

Alexander Graham Bell literally stole the patent to the telephone from Antonio Meucci.

Bell worked at Western Union, where Meucci sent in his patent. A deceade later Meucci couldn't afford to renew his patent. 5 years later Bell patent's the telephone. Meucci attempts to get his original design and patent from Western Union but they magically dissappeared.

Edison does something similar with the lightbulb patent as a side note.

Ain't it funny when you & your buds are at the bar, see some hot chicks & your huntin' instincts kick in?!
SSSh! Shut up, f****r, yer gonna scare'em off!
Huntin two legged deer,
thank God I ain't queer!
I thank God almighty,
for titties-n-beer!
Why is that? good ol' Rodney got it right...course, if he did, you might be a redneck. If your truck payment is more than your house payment...you might be a redneck. If you wear your huntin vest to work...you might be a redneck.

Jiffy...as in "I'll be back in a jiffy" is a real measurement of time. Its how long it takes light to travel 1 centimeter

Jiffy...as in "I'll be back in a jiffy" is a real measurement of time. Its how long it takes light to travel 1 centimeter

So is "a shake." Nuclear physicists use it, it is equal to 10 nanoseconds.

What I want to know is, how big is a smithereen? I have heard the expression "I'll blow you to smithereens" more than once and I still don't know how big one is. And does that mean there is such a measurement as a smither? If so, I am assuming that it is larger than a smithereen, but IDK for sure...

:p

Back