What should my next brew be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should my next brew be?

• Stout

• Belgian

• Brown Ale

Results are only viewable after voting.

Timboosh

Reaction score
Well - yep. I went there. What should my next brew be?

Background:
It'll be my whopping 5th ever brew, and I can be horribly indecisive. So I turn to you all for help. I've tried my first AG, and wasn't uncomfortable with the basic process, and would like to keep going with AG. But simple/basic would still be good. I also can't Lager for now.

My "comfort"/go to style is definitely a IPA or APA, but I'm trying to expand my horizons.

Here's what's going to be on tap by the time I brew this one:
- Autumn Amber Ale (Midwest supplies extract kit)
- Hop Head Double IPA (MWS kit) - (if it makes it that long... I'm drinking this one quickly...)
- Raspberry Wheat (Extract)
- AG SMaSH, Vienna + Northern Brewer
- ????

So, Pick from the above styles and of course feel free to recommend a recipe (again, simple is good for me... lol)

The Belgian.
I assume:
1. It's big and 2. It'll tolerate higher fermentation temps.
So, 1. Brew it now so it'll be ready for the holidays and 2. It's still summer.

Coincidentally, I just received ingredients for the same 3 styles (a dry stout, belgian dubbel, and a brown). The stout's motorboating the blow-off jar as I type!

I voted belgian so you can take advantage of high temps of summer. The others can wait till it gets cooler.

I voted brown ale, as I sit here drinking Janet's Brown Ale from brewing classic styles. This brew is phenomenal, the recipe is worth the price of the book alone.

I voted for Stout if for no other reason than one sounds good to me right about now. Also, since summer is winding down, I usually like to think ahead for what beers I want to have conditioned and ready to drink during the winter.

I vote brown as well......mostly because I really want to brew one. Great cool weather beer.

I vote stout, a higher ABV sweet stout. Winter is on the way & there's nothing like a pint of awsome flavour with an ABV that sneaks up on you to warm you up & keep life interesting when it's cold outside. Regards, GF.

I voted stout, because summer is over up here in Calgary, and a nice oatmeat stout would go down nicely about now.

I've been eyeballing that Deception Cream Stout... Even if it's not next, that one will be soon. It looks and sounds delicious.

Right now Brown Ale is in the lead... Looks like I should start researching some recipes...

Back