What should I make?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bottlebomber

Reaction score
I want to brew tomorrow or Friday, and I'm not going down to the HBS. This is what I've got:

15 lbs pilsener malt
1 lb honey malt
8 ounces melanoidin
8 ounces Carapils
4 ounces acid malt

I've got WLP029 Kolsch, Wyeast 1010 Am. Wheat, Wyeast 3787 Trappist HG, Wyeast 2001 Czech Lager, US-04, 05, and Nottingham. I also have most hops.

My problem right now is I can make a whole lot of different styles with those ingredients, and well, I can't decide what to brew. I'm totally open to suggestions.

Id do a czech pils, let it lager until spring time. Just a simple recipe with pils, carapils, and pils type hops.

That was one of the ideas I had, I do have a Czech pils lagering away in the fridge already. I was kind of thinking about doing an "enhanced" Czech pilsner at around 1.080 and 55 IBU. Not sure where it would land in terms of FG though, I don't want a sweet lager and my 1.055 CP finished nicely at 1.012.

Hey ya never know, maybe you just invented the czech IPA:mug:. unfortunately you don't seem to have much to be "creative" with from my point of view.

beng said:
Hey ya never know, maybe you just invented the czech IPA:mug:. unfortunately you don't seem to have much to be "creative" with from my point of view.

I beg to differ, I think the less you have the more creativity is in order, which is why I started the thread. So far I think I could make a kolsch, belgian golden strong, Czech pils, belgian IPA, or a very pale IPA just off the top of my head. I was just curious what someone else would do in the same situation.

I beg to differ, I think the less you have the more creativity is in order, which is why I started the thread. So far I think I could make a kolsch, belgian golden strong, Czech pils, belgian IPA, or a very pale IPA just off the top of my head. I was just curious what someone else would do in the same situation.

Like I said....my point of view.:ban:

@rammit-Oh no not another IPA style internet fight!! I can hear it already...."well, no actually it would be a czechscadian pale lager"

In referenece to the never ending BIPA debate....:D:D:D:D:D

Ok that does it, I'm just going to mash my pilsner, pitch some US-04, and call it a Blonde Stout :drunk:

Like I said....my point of view.:ban:

@rammit-Oh no not another IPA style internet fight!! I can hear it already...."well, no actually it would be a czechscadian pale lager"

In referenece to the never ending BIPA debate....:D:D:D:D:D

The gloves are off brother.:D:D:D:fro:

Back