What should I brew next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jldc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
AHS has 10% off everything this Saturday, so I need to order supplies for a couple of brew days.

I have only been brewing for 6 months and have a half-dozen AG batches under my belt. I'm not a hop head, but I'm enjoying the ESB and Pale Ale I have on tab right now the most of anything I've brewed so far.

My signature shows what I've got on hand and what I've decided to brew. I need one more for my "On Deck" order.

Thoughts:

SMaSH - Never done one. Thinking Vienna or Munich and ?hops.
Dunkelweizen - brewed one, but was a bit disappointed. Maybe I should try again?
BM's Sterling Gold - I'm still looking for the perfect brew for my BMC-drinking poker buddies. Hopefully something they will drink a lot of.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

i have a lot of respect recently for biermuncher's stuff. drinkability!

Go with the sterling gold, that's my vote.

If you're enjoying that ESB you could try a maris otter/EKG or fuggle smash. Either of those could make a very nice beer and help you focus on the flavors they both provide.

Expand your horizons, that's my vote. Since you're relatively new, I recommend a SMaSH - it's a fabulous way to learn the subtleties of your ingredients!

Bob

P.S. Agreed on the Maris Otter - Kent Goldings combo. Ferment with a relatively clean English ale yeast and carbonate lightly. Beauty.

I did BierMuncher's Cream of 3 Crops cream ale on monday and I'll be doing his SWMBO Slayer this weekend. He has lots of good recipes, might want to take a look.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I'm leaning toward a SMaSH or one of BierMuncher's lighter recipes. I may do both.

Back