What is the most unique beer you've made so far?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing a chocolate peanut butter stout this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So my old LHBSs brew club did beer like this last year for winterfest. Holy **** it was amazing.

They basically ran their stout through a water filter (one we would use to filter out beer) then out of the tap. They filled the filter with peanut butter cups though. It was like a liquified alcoholic Reese's cup.

Obviously this can only be achieved if you plan on dispensing the whole keg at once, but none the less, it was different and awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

i like to brew unique beers that i can't run to the store and get. I'm a pretty inexperienced home brewer but so far I've made a banana hefeweizen, bacon porter, and i just bottled a cream ale that i added 5 pounds of strawberries into the secondary.

I brewed an amber beer with port wine and oak. End result was too oaky and not enough port for the flavor to come through. V2 will be better. I had seen Dogfish did a beer with syrah grape must, and JW Lees has an ale conditioned in port casks (STELLAR beer!! Thats what gave me the idea), but never seen a beer with just straight port wine in it...

First of all, nice necro 4 pages back. 6 years. awesome

Second of all, since unique means one of a kind, there is no such thing as "most unique." Something is either unique or not.

Third of all, isn't every batch of beer unique no matter the style or recipe?

Lastly, I think a better word for this is experimental. What is the most experimental beer you've ever made?

For me, An english barleywine grain bill hopped and dry hopped like an American IPA fermented with a Belgian yeast. Not that wacky I know but it was great.

Rosemary Pale Ale
Licorice Barley Wine

These were my 3rd and 4th extract batches when I had no clue when I was making.

Haven't brewed it yet, but I'm planning on making three varieties of vegetable ale: rutabaga, parsnip, and potato. Planning to BIAB the roasted and pureed veggies with some 6-row malt, and finish it off with pale extract and simple hops. If more than one of them tastes good, I'll start experimenting with blends of vegetables :)

(Blame my friend Mike, we play Dungeons and Dragons and he suggested i try and create Dwarven Ale)

Just tapped a sour mashed (like a traditional berleiner with in-crushed grains) saison. Very easy to drink with just enough sour. Came in at 8% not too bad.

Just tapped a sour mashed (like a traditional berleiner with in-crushed grains) saison. Very easy to drink with just enough sour. Came in at 8% not too bad.

I made a sour mashed saison that turned out fantastic.

Just made my third batch of my cream ale with hatch chiles.

I know I am tame by comparison but I made a Blackberry Witzenbeir that is very good.

Just finished a lime rye saison w Sorachi ace hops. It's delicious.

I made NBs Moonshine Malt Liquor kit with Cinnamon and Orange Extract in secondary. Turns out artificial orange extract interferes w carbonation, but a yr later it somehow finally carbed up and is drinkable.

I tried making a pineapple-orange cider from juice. It tasted like vomit at bottling and fermented to 6.6% so I called it Super Devil Juice. After much sweetening at bottling it was actually ok.

Love me some Porter with Licorice!!! :)

A tame Raspberry Hefe that is very popular...

I was going to brew a porter with the fresh spring tips of my Blue Spruce tree but I cut the tree down.

I did a brown ale one Christmas with orange peel and ginger root.

Well, I think I finally nailed the dampfbier. Color came out right & a gum-like flavor on the back. Nice head. Ingredients for the now extinct German Kottbusser should be coming in this week. Can't wait to try brewing that one! It was outlawed in 1516 by the reinheitsgebot, but the stubborn Bavarians held on until 1526 from what I read. This will be the oldest & most unusual beer I've brewed to date! :ban:

@fuzzymittenbrewing posted a recipe for a hibiscus saison. That was the most unique beer I've brewed and his recipe was amazing.

Wild Rice Amber - Needs some aging. Had an odd metalic/plastic taste for a while, that is aging out now. It has potential to being a pretty good beer.

Coconut Porter - small chucks of Coconut ended up in the bottle so that grosses me out a little. A did a freeze distilation on it to filter the chunks and the coconut really shined then.

Jalepeno Cream Ale - Good cooking beer, hard to drink and the peppers really create a burn when you pee. :)

Watermelon Wheat - turned out good, wife liked it

Blood Orange Hefe - Also turned out good

So mixed results. Lately I've turned down the "crazy" beer and stuck to classic style that are easy to drink. I do plan on doing a Surly Bender with Chocolate PB2 in half the batch sometime soon.

My watermelon hefe was OK at first, but didn't age well. Hey, I had four batches done to choose from. I guess the watermelon juice would've been better in secondary rather than a late kettle addition? Going back to brew my old styles as well as rare or extinct ones to start the year off. Gotta do research for homebrewing book two ya know. :tank: Gonna do another ESB today just because it's good. Looking forward to the Kottbusser & version two of my Burton ale.

Me and a buddy wanted to try and make a Snickers stout so we brewed a dry stout, dumped 18 snickers bars in the boil then added some lactose w/10 min left. All of the caramel fermented out so the only thing you got was some slight roastiness from the peanuts.

It still won our club competition for our winter brew-off!

Marshmallow fluff stout

It was pretty fun. People told me it tasted exactly like guinness but I didn't think so. It was a decent beer with a good mouthfeel.

My watermelon hefe was OK at first, but didn't age well. Hey, I had four batches done to choose from. I guess the watermelon juice would've been better in secondary rather than a late kettle addition? Going back to brew my old styles as well as rare or extinct ones to start the year off. Gotta do research for homebrewing book two ya know. :tank: Gonna do another ESB today just because it's good. Looking forward to the Kottbusser & version two of my Burton ale.

I did a simple Watermelon Wheat this summer (50% Pilsen DME / 50% White Wheat, Hallertau and Saaz with the WLP380 Hefe yeast).

I ended up putting in 5 cups of filtered watermelon juice into the secondary.

I'll be honest, for the first 1-2 months I regretted it. I actually cracked one yesterday and the watermelon punch has toned down and it's really started to balance out.

I've done a few more experimental ones so far - a malted milk ball stout, a mexican hot chocolate stout, a brown spiced apple ale/cider hybrid, and a cucumber mint saison

the most nerve wrecking part is figuring out how much of some weird foreign ingredient to add and still have balance

I made a Belgian cranberry ale. Just bottled it a week ago sampled it then and thought it tasted really good. See how it is in a few weeks.
Also made a chocolate-chocolate habanero porter that is a pretty big hit if you like that kinda thing.

I have made a Blackberry Basil Wheat a few times now and each time it has been a hit. Nice blackberry aroma with a slight hint of basil. A very refreshing beer and the Nelson hops I use seem to play nice with the basil. Haven't had a chance to make it on my new AG set-up yet, but have the recipe calculated and scaled. Cheers!

Marshmallow fluff stout

It was pretty fun. People told me it tasted exactly like guinness but I didn't think so. It was a decent beer with a good mouthfeel.

My brother-in-law made a 14% marshmallow fluff RIS that he brought to Christmas dinner. I was skeptical of the concept, but it was excellent.

Back