What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_8461.jpg

Did a comparison of my “lawnmower beer” recipe with my “Genny Cream Ale Clone.” Decided I liked “lawnmower” better. Both with 6 row barley but cream ale had maze.

Brewed up a batch of my Chinook/Crystal lager this morning, kegged my Mosaic IPA, and just now late at night pitched the yeast that Amazon delivered into the lager. Slightly annoyed because one of the S-23 packets expired last year (7/2018!! Geez!), but the other was in date, and got 5 packets of Notty that are good till 6/21. Tempted to send the expired one back, but will just make a starter with it when I'm ready to use it. First time I used S23 it was about 3 months out of date, and the beer was fine. Vitality starters work!

Began soaking the vanilla bean for Kate (strawberry milkshake ipa). Got hop bags for dry hopping and frozen strawberries.
Are you planing to purée those strawberries? I ask because whilst it is one of my favorite fruits to eat, it usually disappoints in beer, and I’ve learned (though haven’t done it myself yet) that the seeds contribute an unwanted flavor in fermentation, which juicing purée eliminates.

Are you planing to purée those strawberries? I ask because whilst it is one of my favorite fruits to eat, it usually disappoints in beer, and I’ve learned (though haven’t done it myself yet) that the seeds contribute an unwanted flavor in fermentation, which juicing purée eliminates.

I've never used strawberries before. The recipe the beer is loosely based on just says to mash the strawberries. Maybe puree and pass through a sieve would be better, to keep the seeds out.

I closed transferred 5 gal of Citra APA to a keg and cleaned the fermenter in anticipation of a Fri brew day. A Simcoe, Mosaic, Citra IPA!

I've never used strawberries before. The recipe the beer is loosely based on just says to mash the strawberries. Maybe puree and pass through a sieve would be better, to keep the seeds out.

There is a hop named Belma that throws strawberry, along with some other fruit. It is easier to get that the French strawberry hop. I hope you’ll share what you did and how it turned out.

Got a quote for some hardscape work on our house today.

That has nothing to do with beer.

In discussing my garden, specifically my hops, the contractor and I talked about homebrewing, and I passed along an extra copy of Papazian’s complete homebrewing book.

There may be another convert on the way.

In discussing my garden, specifically my hops, the contractor and I talked about homebrewing, and I passed along an extra copy of Papazian’s complete homebrewing book.

Hallelujah! Always in need of more constituents joining the Fermentationalist Party!!

Good for you Bro.

Back