What goes well with Galaxy hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir-Hops-A-Lot

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
It's almost time to dry hop my pale ale. Here is the recipe that I brewed on Sunday: (5 Gallons)
7# pale extract
1/4 # crystal 15L
1/2 # crystal 45L
1/4 # caraculs
.5 oz galaxy at 60
.5 oz galaxy at 15
1 oz galaxy at 2
Us-05 yeast
Here are the possible hops to be used for dry hopping: galaxy, simcoe, centennial, amarillo, or citra.
thanks in advance
SHAL

I've dry hopped with Citra and have been very happy with it for a grapefruit citrus punch. Haven't mixed it with Galaxy though and have chimed in to subscribe to see others opinions.

Hey Guys,
It's almost time to dry hop my pale ale. Here is the recipe that I brewed on Sunday: (5 Gallons)
7# pale extract
1/4 # crystal 15L
1/2 # crystal 45L
1/4 # caraculs
.5 oz galaxy at 60
.5 oz galaxy at 15
1 oz galaxy at 2
Us-05 yeast
Here are the possible hops to be used for dry hopping: galaxy, simcoe, centennial, amarillo, or citra.
thanks in advance
SHAL

Use all of them! It'll be awesome

I'd go with an ounce of Galaxy, 2 of Simcoe.

Really, any of them would work.

:)

So what you are saying is that instead of doing a Simcoe and a Galaxy single hop IPA I should use 1 lb (1/2 lb of each) for an imperial IPA...

I would do only like 2-3 oz simcoe late boil and 2 oz for dry hop with 4 oz galaxy late boil and 4 oz dry hop. Simcoe for bittering

I recently did hop stand and dry hop additions with a combo of Amarillo, Simcoe, Centennial, & Galaxy.

Worked very well together.

I did a split batch using Citra/Galaxy & Citra/Simcoe and i preferred the Citra/Galaxy Combo.
I also want to try citra/galaxy/mosaic.

I did a split batch using Citra/Galaxy & Citra/Simcoe and i preferred the Citra/Galaxy Combo.
I also want to try citra/galaxy/mosaic.

I can vouch for Cira/Galaxy/Mosaic

a Commercial Brewery here in NZ uses is in a Light Pale ale.
super fruity, and juicy. I approve.

I can vouch for Cira/Galaxy/Mosaic

a Commercial Brewery here in NZ uses is in a Light Pale ale.
super fruity, and juicy. I approve.

Great to know. I'll be experimenting in the next few months. Decided to focus on one grain bill and change up the hops and citra/galaxy/mosaic is the first combo I plan to use.

Great to know. I'll be experimenting in the next few months. Decided to focus on one grain bill and change up the hops and citra/galaxy/mosaic is the first combo I plan to use.

I think from what I've been told, they do hop bursting on it.

Anything that says "tropical" in the description seems to pair well with Galaxy. I've liked it with various combinations of citra, mosaic, nelson, vic secret, and even Kohatu

Nice thread. Been wondering about Galaxy pairing as well so thanks for this info. I formulated a nice basic IPA grain bill and plan on doing a combination of Galaxy/Comet & Equinox (1oz of each) in a whirlpooling hopstand addition. Then dry hop with 1oz Galaxy and 1oz simcoe. I call it "Stellar" I'll give it my first attempt in a few weeks and will try to remember to repost how it turns out.

My last ipa was with Galaxy, Nelson and centennial. Keg was drunk in 2 days. Also make a single hopped galaxy pale ale which is nice.

Vic Secret?

Is this it?

Elsa-Hosk-Victorias-Secret-Swim-2016-Cover-Catalog.jpg

Back