What gear are you getting with your tax return?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking about the beer gun thing so I don't have to bottle carb any more. Still researching...

Wanted to get some equipment but instead it looks like it's going to an engagement ring lol a little bit sad for my hobby but overall it's for the best and I'm happy about the change of investment!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You better put some brew equipment on you gift registry!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Since I retired I'll be lucky to come out with enough to buy an ounce of hops :(

I got a surprisingly large return and was able to get everything I need (hopefully I didn't forget anything too important) to switch to AG brewing. Also bottle washing/drying stuff, 4 new carboys (3x3 Gallon and another 6 Gallon), and a new 11 Gallon brew kettle. Hoping the 3 Gallon carboys will push my roommate to start playing with some Mead recipes while I'm using the larger carboys for beer. Here's to a great year of brewing!! :mug:

I pulled the trigger and went with the Barley Crusher from Adventures in Homebrewing. Also got an stc 1000, refractometer, 11lb kitchen scale and a plastic scoop for grain.
I'm still lookin for a good instant read thermometer and pH meter that won't break the bank.

I will be paying off my CC bill, a medical bill and a student loan hopefully.

Its pretty sad but the less bills i have the less stressed i am so im totally fine with it.

I agree tho that this forces me to save money- i am more likely to spend an extra 50 bucks a paycheck then spend a $1600 check.

I will be paying off my CC bill, a medical bill and a student loan hopefully.

Its pretty sad but the less bills i have the less stressed i am so im totally fine with it.

I agree tho that this forces me to save money- i am more likely to spend an extra 50 bucks a paycheck then spend a $1600 check.

That's exactly how I see it. You barely notice fifty or so bucks. But getting it all at once is different. I was able to pay my bills, buy some expensive brewing toys as I mentioned above, buy all the household supplies I need and get my wife some nice Valentines day gifts. By nice gifts I mean chocolate beers and a Ninja blender. Haha.

Late filer here. Or I should say, my wife procrastinated on getting me her business income. I've been bugging her for it for 6 weeks.

Turns out I over withheld on my income to make up for her self employment tax. So we will betting some back this year.

After making a couple improvements on the house, I'll be starting on my HERMS and hop spider.

No refund this year,but just bought my first keg and co2 setup. Put in the garage fridge for now until I expand with another keg or two.Then find a used freezer....oh and new member.

No refund this year,but just bought my first keg and co2 setup. Put in the garage fridge for now until I expand with another keg or two.Then find a used freezer....oh and new member.

Welcome and congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

1979 was the last time I got a check from Uncle Sam..... 1980 we went to war, over a stupid fine I refused to pay........... remember....... a refund is money they OWE you from having plundered your pay check. When was the last time they paid you interest on that money? Taxes are due April 15 (in 9 days)........ Not every 2 weeks!
Perhaps I should get a "job"............. but 35 years without one is a pretty good record. I can't imagine submitting a resume.............. 35 years of "blank"........

H.W.

With my wife's business, I shoot for +/- $500 on our taxes. If she has a good year, we owe. If she has a bad year, we get back. Setting up the extra withhding on my check is easier than paying estimated taxes for her every quarter.

Well, I ended up getting a new thermometer and a refractometer.

I might pick up a mash paddle at some point, and maybe a temp controller for an old freezer that isn't being used in my dad's basement.

Other than that, I'm all set for equipment right now, and I'm just ready to brew, brew, brew.

Back