What else do you make at home that most people buy commercially?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
besides brewing, some of my favorite homemade foods include dry rubs and brine for smoking meats, my own sauces for BBQ, ice cream, pizza on the grill, salsa from what I've grown in the garden, and pressed cider

A lot us us must share the same afflictions.

Me:
Beer and brewing equipment
Maple syrup
Jelly
Ice Cream
Jerky
Smoked meats and rubs
Sausage
Dandelion wine
Biscuits (from scratch)

Wife:
Quilts
Dolls/stuffed animals
Bread
Pizza
Bourbon Balls

Hmm. Well, I also roll my own smokes. Reload ammo, and build my own rifles, mostly from old Mauser actions, but sometimes Remington 700 actions. Raise chickens for eggs and meat. Grow grapes, citrus, sweet potatoes. Build all my own furniture. Make sausage, and a lot of canning, mostly chickens and beans. My yard gets overrun every year with wild mustard, so I'm looking at making my own this year. I used to do a lot of silversmithing and gem faceting, not so much the last few years. Do all my own wrenching on motorcycle, truck and car, and household appliances. Lots of home improvement projects, just finished a major master bath renovation this last spring, kitchen is next. Naturally, I brew some killer beer, and will start growing my own hops this spring, but I'll continue buying the malts!

Hmmmm, lemme think. Used to make my own laundry detergent...worked as good as any commercial product at a fraction of the cost. Nowadays, I make my own "ranch" salad dressing, my own red seafood sauce for shrimp, my own tartar sauce especially for fish, and the usual bread and pizza crust dough. Now, if I could just figure out a way to print my own money...

glenn514:mug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back