What do Americans think of Canadians generally?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canadians don't like pop. Americans have en making inroads in crappy pop up here though. That's why we sent you Celine Dion, and Avril Lavigne to get even!

Damn, a hint under my user name and no one has figured out my avatar??

:D

Canada seems to be about 7 years behind us as far as pop culture. Just something I have noticed.

What is pop culture?
That crap we get on radios?
Bling Bling crap rap gansta ****?

I only listen to CD's of my favorite rock bands, don't give a crap about pop culture sorry.

I don't think pop culture is a reference to pop music. It's more of a general cultural disposition to a particular set of popular attitudes towards fashion, art, entertainment and style. Sort of a 'going with the flow' thing.

What our American friends need to realize about Canadians is that while we have some unique regional and national biases, in accordance with other geographically disparate populations, the bulk of our pop culture is very close to their own. We listen to the same music and watch the same television programs. Recognizing that most trends are spread through these media channels means that we share the same influences. We aren't so much mimicking the south as simply being part of a united North American culture.

What Fingers said. +1

And as far as music is concerned, it would make no sense thinking we could possibly be 7 years behind, as mentioned we have cable TV, Internet so a band that just came out in your area, we see it too as soon as the hype rages on.

It's not like if some man on a horse has to run trough miles and miles to bring a drawing of the band that just came out in every village ya know...
we're living in the same time period as you guys do... *LMAO*

Royal-Canadian-Mountie.jpg

And as far as Quebecers are concerned (because this is the Canadian culture i know best), i say there is definitely a fusion of European and American cultural influences going on, we have both heritage and it shows in our TV shows, Cuisine, Arts in general and way of life.

Back